Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bama 93 Race Tune Incredible! But one question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:55 PM
bobs184

Default Bama 93 Race Tune Incredible! But one question?

Sorry to start one more thread about this, but the 93 race tune from Bama makes a huge difference, even when all I have is a K&N drop in air-filter and a single flowmaster A/T muffler. Woke it right up and goes immediately now when you step on the gas. Sounds better too.

My only question, is about changing tunes with the SCT X3. When I first changed from the stock tune to the 87 performance, after it was done loading the car took 3-4 seconds to start as opposed to its usual 1 second or so. Does this only happen when going to/from the stock tune?

I ask because I have toyed around with the 93 torque tune and now the 93 race tune and the car starts up in about 1 second just like normal after the download is finished. Is this right? I just want to make sure the new tunes were/are actually downloading to the ECU right.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

If the tune didn't load right, it'll give you an error. I wouldn't sweat it..you're leaving the race tune anyways...right!! Scary watching to dash freak out while the tune is loading, huh?

Mine 1st load may have acted the same way...can't remember. Like I said, I wouldn't trip.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:10 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Running a tune with only a drop in K&N in
the stock airbox with the stock intake?
Who wrote this set of tunes for the stock airbox?
I would think you would have to have a CAI
with the increased airflow to take full advantage
of a tune.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

doug's got tunes for almost every setup. he'll upgrade tunes if a new CAI is installed at no charge.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM
bobs184

I know I'm not getting full advantage right now with the stock airbox/intake, but the difference is already incredible and I did not have the money to by a good CAI right now. I think getting the tune first by itself was a better idea than just getting a 'tune-free' CAI.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bobs184
I know I'm not getting full advantage right now with the stock airbox/intake, but the difference is already incredible and I did not have the money to by a good CAI right now. I think getting the tune first by itself was a better idea than just getting a 'tune-free' CAI.
yup... good decision.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM
4.0 $tang
2nd Gear Member

i wanna get a race tune also....how do i hook up my predetor to my pc so i can get it?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:27 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4.0 $tang
i wanna get a race tune also....how do i hook up my predetor to my pc so i can get it?
You will need a serial to USB adapter ($5 on Ebay). I will look up the exact one I got and post back to yo asap. It was $2+ shipping I believe and works perfectly.

If you have a laptop, that is all you need. If you have a desktop, you will need a way to power the Predator in the house. You cna get the multi-power adapter from Radio Shack for $10.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:28 PM
4.0 $tang
2nd Gear Member

how come if i use my laptop i dont need a power supply and the pc i do?
sorry for jacking your thread....oops
Old 03-21-2009, 11:23 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4.0 $tang
how come if i use my laptop i dont need a power supply and the pc i do?
sorry for jacking your thread....oops
With a laptop, you can power the Predator with the ODB and take your laptop out to the car (just plug in the predator and do the update plugged into the car, it is safe per Diablo)...so all you need is the comms cable. I guess if you REALLY wanted to, you could take your desktop out to the garage too. But a laptop makes for easy travel.

I already had the multi power switch for an old scanner I had...and it works perfectly. The multi power adapter has a multi prong end with like 8 types of plugs.

Here is the USB/serial:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-to-Serial-Ca...3A1|240%3A1318

So, for $15 total, you are in business...or $3-4 if you have a notebook.

Make sense?

Quick Reply: Bama 93 Race Tune Incredible! But one question?