Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

'Stang in the snow...

Old 05-05-2009, 02:16 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I fishtail a good bit in the rain. I couldn't imagine driving in the snow.....living in the South does have it's perks, I guess! Let's GO PENS!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by illin
I was very impressed with mine actually. I put 200 pounds of weight int he trunk and that helped a BUNCH! Aired down to about 25 psi int he back..better yet.

With the ABS and TCS, the car is very capable winter driver.
Doesn't your tire pressure sensor go off with low air?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
I fishtail a good bit in the rain. I couldn't imagine driving in the snow.....living in the South does have it's perks, I guess! Let's GO PENS!!!
Yep, we don't get much snow here, maybe a dusting or two. It doesn't really matter to me though because I don't even drive my Mustang in the rain. It's only used on pretty days.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:22 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Yep, we don't get much snow here, maybe a dusting or two. It doesn't really matter to me though because I don't even drive my Mustang in the rain. It's only used on pretty days.
I am assuming you have an alternate vehicle that you drive in the rain? I wish I did....black is such a hard color to keep clean!! :-O
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
luv2cheat
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rettgoings
i love living in florida
I bet! Why would anyone want to live where it’s cold and snows??

Seriously I have had a few Camaros, Firebirds, and Fox body mustangs and I have to say this car with the traction control on and 17” oe Pirelli tires is impressive to me. No it’s not a 4x4 but….
Old 05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
I am assuming you have an alternate vehicle that you drive in the rain? I wish I did....black is such a hard color to keep clean!! :-O
Yeah, for work I drive an E-350 Van/truck. For family trips or when it's raining I drive my E-150 conversion van.
Yes I know how hard it is to keep a black Mustang clean. I had an '82 GT once, but that one didn't see rain much either. It was a garage queen until I sold it to a car collector.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Yeah, for work I drive an E-350 Van/truck. For family trips or when it's raining I drive my E-150 conversion van.
Yes I know how hard it is to keep a black Mustang clean. I had an '82 GT once, but that one didn't see rain much either. It was a garage queen until I sold it to a car collector.
Sweet! You definitely have your priorities straight. ;-)
enjoy your Stang!!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM
limitedex
2nd Gear Member

I don't have any trouble AT ALL with my DD....

But, my fiance didn't have that much trouble last year and we live in the snow belt. Good 'ole lake Erie lake effect...
Old 05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by limitedex
I don't have any trouble AT ALL with my DD....

But, my fiance didn't have that much trouble last year and we live in the snow belt. Good 'ole lake Erie lake effect...
Erie PA - BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRR!!
I am originally from Johnstown, PA, which is approximately 65 miles east of Pittsburgh.
Do you possibly know a Brian Gross that grew up in Erie? I attended PTI tech in Pittsburgh and Brian Gross was my roomate.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 PM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

My Blizzak snow tires will be seeing their 4th winter from Nov through March with four 50# bags in the trunk. I just got my scanner and CB re-installed for the winter season. This car can go ALMOST anywhere everywhere in snow up to 11 inches, so far. And boy, does it ever track well. I pass up those front wheelers with all season tires on the interstate all day long! I wonder what goes through their minds as I whizz by. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 'Stang in the snow...