Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my exhaust on today and...wow

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:57 PM
PonyBoy21
1st Gear Member

Smile Got my exhaust on today and...wow

It sounds amazing. I had work today so I dropped it off and my uncle picked up. So when I got picked up from work tonight I asked my uncle how was the car, he said it was alright he didn't notice a great improvement. So I had to test it out. I started it up and the car started rumbling and I hit the gas it was like I was in a different car. It sounded and felt like I was doing 70-80 to start when i was only doing 50 on the highway. My mom and grandma heard the car from a portion away from my house and was kinda concerned about the noise with the neighbors. All in all well well worth it and will have pics up tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:22 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Well sounds like you are one happy customer. I know I was thrilled and scared to death when I got my exhaust. I was thrilled to have them, and scared I would get a ticket. It took a while for my Flowmasters to break in but they only get better with time
Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 PM
PonyBoy21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BWfVA
Well sounds like you are one happy customer. I know I was thrilled and scared to death when I got my exhaust. I was thrilled to have them, and scared I would get a ticket. It took a while for my Flowmasters to break in but they only get better with time
When I shut the car off they leave a weird smell, Im assuming it's because they are brand new and it part of the breaking them in situation. I love it
Old 06-06-2009, 10:48 PM
geckoman1220
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PonyBoy21
When I shut the car off they leave a weird smell, Im assuming it's because they are brand new and it part of the breaking them in situation. I love it
there is a weird smell, don't worry it's normal. it is just burning off the inside coating i believe
Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 AM
rettgoings
2nd Gear Member

it will do it for about a month. i kind of miss it. but exhausts can sound amazing once they break in
Old 06-07-2009, 08:21 AM
PonyBoy21
1st Gear Member

When I get my CAI and Tuner, will that give the exhaust a little more power in terms of like noise and stuff? Or the CAI and tuner doesn't really affect them?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:41 PM
jrsyedb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PonyBoy21
When I get my CAI and Tuner, will that give the exhaust a little more power in terms of like noise and stuff? Or the CAI and tuner doesn't really affect them?

The CAI and Tuner wont affect anything with the exhaust. But, you will definitley feel a significant difference in power, this will really wake your Mustang up. I got the CAI and Tuner as well plus FRPP duals and I love it.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM
BigGameHunter589
2nd Gear Member

your uncle is of a better generation than ours lol everyone owned a muscle car and weren't afraid to use em
Old 06-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

what mufflers did you get gta or gtb? the smell went away in like 1-1.5 months and the duals help tremendously when you put a CAI on, Looks a lot better than most aftermarket kits too (it lacks the cheap vibe)
Old 06-08-2009, 09:40 PM
PonyBoy21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang-aholic
what mufflers did you get gta or gtb? the smell went away in like 1-1.5 months and the duals help tremendously when you put a CAI on, Looks a lot better than most aftermarket kits too (it lacks the cheap vibe)
I got the GTB's they still sound great the only thing I can say is that people say the GTA's are louder. If they are I can't imagine how much more because the one's I have are pretty damn loud I love them. Thanks for the nice comments everybody,

Quick Reply: Got my exhaust on today and...wow