Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Car got vandalized...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

the note would have crossed the line for me...
Old 11-05-2009, 08:00 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

You mean to tell me you park in an area where there are guys hanging around for no good reason? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but that spells trouble for me. I would not park there. These individuals obviously have nothing better to do with their lives and I'm sure you have heard the old adage "Idle hands are the devil's playground." They see a nice shiny red Mustang and, well, temptation sets in so they go and mess with it. I always try and select spots that are far away from people and where the parked vehicles cant harm me. I drive around looking for corner spaces that are far away from everyone.

BTW it does suck big time to have someone mess with your car. One time many years back I had just purchased a new 91 Honda Accord, Red, and I went to the park to exercise and run a few laps. So after a while I come back to my car and find that someone had walked by the front of my car and keyed my hood. All the parking spaces there were along the sidewalk so some jerk (and I never found out who) just walked by and (probably the jealousy that they didn't a brand new car) decided it would be funny to key me and keep on walking. Be happy at least your's isn't so bad. After that I put a bra to cover that up. Didn't want to have to repaint the entire hood. The car looked much meaner after that too. Ever since that I have always been paranoid about where I park.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

I just don't understand why people do that. A car is someone's personal property, that they probably paid a lot of money for. I wouldn't want to do any sort of damage to anyone's car. They would have to really really do something horrible for me to do that.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:47 AM
John.m.Kurtz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Burrosito
I just don't understand why people do that. A car is someone's personal property, that they probably paid a lot of money for. I wouldn't want to do any sort of damage to anyone's car. They would have to really really do something horrible for me to do that.
They do it because they have no respect and are jellious. Be it for not having a nice car themselves or "My type of car is better." I find that in lower/middle income places people tend to give me hard looks when im in my car. Ive even been told "Must be nice to have money to buy a sports car." Jokes on them, it was 20k and 2 deployments paid for it. This goes for any nice looking car, not just the stangs. A coworker saw my friend drive up to our lot in a BMW and he started running his mouth how he hates rich people.................... the BMW was sold to my friend for 15k used. People are just wierd man.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:24 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

People are unfortunately stupid. Ignorance runs rampant in our society. I got smack talk like that a couple of times when I used to drive my Accord. It was a POS Honda for crimeny's sake. I hate it when people give you the "It must be nice..." line. Yes, it is nice to be able to get a reward that you worked very hard to achieve. The problem is that all these people are generally low achievers but they believe that they should have as much or more than you with a lot less work. Nobody gave me the "It must be nice..." line when my Accord was 17 years old and I was still driving it. They don't see the sacrifices people make to get where they want to be. They only see the rewards, and envy you for it.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:41 AM
BigGameHunter589
2nd Gear Member

ever hear of a trail cam? something used by hunters to find out what the game is looking like in a certain area. you strap it to a tree and it takes a picture of anything that moves. could get one for like 30 bucks and prop it up in the direction you choose, and you got yourself an image
Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

There are stupid people every where!! Yesterday morning I was walking my son to school and saw a woman park behind one of the preschool teacher's vehicles (a 2003ish jeep). The woman got out of her POS and while walking between them she keyed the s*** out of the rear of the jeep. Then gave me a look like "Oh crap, busted." The jeep was my sons teacher's and the woman in question was my neighbor's girlfriend. What to do?? I told the teacher. I probably just lost a friendship, but that is something that you don't do. The local cop charged her with 'criminal destruction of property.' I was shocked, the teacher said she doesn't even know the woman. I told the woman that if that were my car she would be asking for the police to come!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:43 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

That really sucks man, I'd be pissed too. I'm lucky I haven't had this happen to me yet (I go to fullerton community college).
Originally Posted by SmokeStang08
Damn i dont think im going to go there next year then. why don't you just park somewhere else, like the bottom floor?
I wouldn't worry too much man, your car looks like it could beat the sh*t out of somebody.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:44 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

wow thats so messed up i hate hearing about this kind of stuff. chronos i think you hit the nail on the head lol "They don't see the sacrifices people make to get where they want to be. They only see the rewards, and envy you for it." thats soooo true
Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigGameHunter589
ever hear of a trail cam? something used by hunters to find out what the game is looking like in a certain area. you strap it to a tree and it takes a picture of anything that moves. could get one for like 30 bucks and prop it up in the direction you choose, and you got yourself an image
And then you go hunt them, right?

Quick Reply: Car got vandalized...