Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Braided Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

Question Braided Brake Lines

I have been looking around for awhile now and it seems that no one makes braided brake lines for our 4.0's. The reason is is if you look at the flex line that comes off the caliper it connects directly into a solid 3-way block. This flex line may or may not be able to be removed. GT's obviously don't have this, ive already asked steeda and a few other manafacturers, but if a GT guy were to chime in and confirm, that would be great!

This whole project of adding GT-take offs has become a PITA. I know i could simply just swap them out, but the braided lines are a really great improvement.

Has anyone done this before or am i taking a shot in the dark. My next option is to go and get them custom made. Im really not looking for that bill!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:36 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

I did a quick google search and came up with a few hits of interest. You'll want to research it more thoroughly but it looks to like the v6 w/ abs is the same part as the GT. It also looked like there is a non abs set available but it could be they didn't specify abs in the short description I read.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

i thought all 05+ cars had abs?
Old 11-27-2009, 05:55 PM
JimC

On the 4.0 it is an option - the only time it came standard was on the 2006 Pony package. Starting in 2007 it was part of a "safety option" package for the Pony as well.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

i think mine has it, how would you go about finding out?
Old 11-27-2009, 09:22 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

Go really fast adn then slam the breaks. If it skids and the wheels lock up then you dont have it. If the wheels pulse then you do. I know I dont b/c when I take off from a gravel area I burn out.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

When you put the car on you should see an ABS dash light.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:56 PM
JimC

Do you have TCS? I don't think you can have one without the other - and it is easy to see if you have TCS because there is an "on - off" button on the center stack.

Also if you look in front of the air intake and you see a big box with several brake lines going in and out of the top, that is your ABS controller. Look just to the left in front of the CAI here, silver box with hard brake lines on top
Old 11-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

I hav abs because when i turn the car on the symbol lights up but no tcs i dont have the upgraded computer and no tcs button above radio....
hopefully this wont effect the lines
i did find a company called stoptech that i will most likely order from.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:22 PM
JimC

I'd double check your ABS status and not rely on the fact that the light shows when you start it up because that my just be telling you the light is working and have nothing to do with the actual system test. Make sure you have the module in front of the air intake - my understanding was that ABS and TCS are only put in together and you don't have one without the other - but that could be wrong.

Quick Reply: Braided Brake Lines