Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What dual exhaust setup to get for the 2010 V6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Cross_X
1st Gear Member

Default What dual exhaust setup to get for the 2010 V6?

I know it's been thoroughly discussed in terms of the 2005+ vehicles, but as the 2010 is not a total copy, I thought I'd ask-)
I've read almost all of the threads regarding the duals for the 2005+ V6's
As I've decided to get the dual exhaust, I've searched online for some, and found a couple of versions, for example:
Magnaflow's Cat-back system, has the Y-pipe(if I get everything right), and goes about 550$ +install.
Pypes' true duals - as I understand those have an X-pipe.
FRPP exhaust - costs almost 1000$ and comes with GT's rear valance, which I totally don't need(will use the one from GT500)
As I understand, many MFers ditch the kits and go with picking the whole system by part and then assembling it in the shop, sometimes using GT take-offs. I'm not very familiar with all the specifics regarding the exhaust, and I live in Ca(that brings in the weird emissions stuff), I'm not clearly seeing how this option should work out.
Did I miss any other options ?
My goal is not the loudness, as I often travel on I-5 and don't want to use the Bose noise cancelling headphones while driving. I'm in for the looks and a bit tone in the exhaust sound. As I've heard so far, I pretty much like the way Magnaflow soundsберщгпр Шэь not sure whether the Y-pipe is good or bad, and I don't like the way the FRPP one sounds.But I was listening to all of in on the internet, and in fact I haven't heard any of those in person..(
I'd greatly appreciate if somebody could take a minute or two and explain it to me..

Last edited by Cross_X; 12-06-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

I love my FRPP, I think it sounds great but Its tough to judge on youtube. Pretty much any of the popular exhaust systems will sound better then stock though.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Also if your car has under 1000 Miles you will get a 3 year warranty on the FRPP, if it has over then you still get a 1 year.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:15 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

Ive looked at the magflow system but Im not sold on it! Oter than that we dont have many choices unless ur willing to drop 1k on the frrp! I was thinking of getting the bassani axebacks for the GT n then maybe gettn the muffler shop make some straight pipes but I dont have much experience with this type of setup so Im not sure if its a good idea! Maybe I can get the pypes Xpipe and just have the shop make some midpipes for me? Now this brings up da price over the magnaflows n no idea on the sound but bassani muffs are great sounding from what I gather! What u guys think? We sixers dont have many options yet
Old 12-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Cross_X
1st Gear Member

I don't really have any problems with pricing, it only reflects on whether I'll be buying the exhaust in a month or in a month and a week-)
I do have less than 1000mi(actually,less than 500 as I've been driving the truck more lately), but I don't really care about warranty since I'll eventually ship it to Russia and kiss the warranty goodbye anyway.
it's more of the sound problem, and yes, I do agree that judging by the youtube clips is a weird thing to do, but I don't have any other options(
I'd be grateful if some of people who had already added the dual exhaust on their 2010 V6's could upload the sound clips of their actual cars, as it will definately make choosing more easier..
From what I've heard for now, I'm still on the Magnaflow..
Old 12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Here's the setup I had on my black 2010 4.0 custom using an ebaymotors exhaust kit*consisting off 2.5" overaxle pipes&H-pipe assembly finishing in roush extreme offroad mufflers. Keep in mind sound quality*its a cheap camera* and that in park I can only rev to around 4K overall I thought it sounded pretty good and so did everyone else that heard it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHTxNJXLpcg
I haven't gotten around to making one for my new 2010 yet but its pretty nice to I'm using a pypes setup with their overaxle pipes&x pipe ending in dual Apexi 4" tip CF cans, sounds real good when you get on it burbles/pops when you let off coming up to a light and yet thanks to the 2010's more efficient sound deadening you can hold a conversation no problems in steady state cruising

Last edited by 3.73-11; 12-06-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

i'm going GT duals until I can afford to get the GTA axle back
GTA's and Corsa 14311 mufflers imo sound best......take off ur muffler and listen to it.....it's loud and drones but it's kinda fun to do occasionally

I like the way it sound with no muffler, though it's not for everyone.
Once I get tuned I'm gonna have a tune for my GT mufflers and Muffler deletes
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4literv6
Here's the setup I had on my black 2010 4.0 custom using an ebaymotors exhaust kit*consisting off 2.5" overaxle pipes&H-pipe assembly finishing in roush extreme offroad mufflers. Keep in mind sound quality*its a cheap camera* and that in park I can only rev to around 4K overall I thought it sounded pretty good and so did everyone else that heard it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHTxNJXLpcg
I haven't gotten around to making one for my new 2010 yet but its pretty nice to I'm using a pypes setup with their overaxle pipes&x pipe ending in dual Apexi 4" tip CF cans, sounds real good when you get on it burbles/pops when you let off coming up to a light and yet thanks to the 2010's more efficient sound deadening you can hold a conversation no problems in steady state cruising
I want an exhaust clip of the new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:18 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

ima go to a trusted muffler shop on thursday to get a quote on hoe much they will charge me for some custom Xpipe and the long tubes and installation! Like I said Im leaning towards the bassani muffs for the GT or the SLP proflow! Do you guys know whats a fair price for that job?? These dudes are the best in the MIami,fl area when it comes to mandrel bent piping! So Im trusting they will do a nice job...
Old 12-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gipht1
ima go to a trusted muffler shop on thursday to get a quote on hoe much they will charge me for some custom Xpipe and the long tubes and installation! Like I said Im leaning towards the bassani muffs for the GT or the SLP proflow! Do you guys know whats a fair price for that job?? These dudes are the best in the MIami,fl area when it comes to mandrel bent piping! So Im trusting they will do a nice job...
LT install is gonna kill ya.....as well as a bunch of custom piping.
just warning ya

you would be better off buying a takeoff exhaust from NTO and selling the GT mufflers locally unless you want them
and just have the shop do the welding ....much more cost effective.....
but since you're going LT's then that may be ur only option *ur idea*

Quick Reply: What dual exhaust setup to get for the 2010 V6?