Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 X-Charger or Vortech HO? Advantage between gear driven and twin screw?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure if I'll go intercooled since its more $ then if you get it w/ the kit, and ill have to pay for the install but id def recommend getting it if u get the kit
Old 02-20-2010, 10:56 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

i like the LT's. I wiouldnt call it a tinish sound. Its sound is sharper id say then w/ stock manifolds, def a bit raspy above say 3500rpm. Trying to remember its been so long since ive heard the exhaust (put away for the winter). I gotta find someplace by here where i can do some clips driving by and such in the spring
Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Yea I would love to hear that, Did you notice the performance gains? High or low end? I notice a good amount of low end with the shorties but may switch eventually.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by Red Beast
thanks man, but it doesnt seem like theres enough blown V6's to answer my question, how much hp does your x-charger put down to your wheels?
There are a lot of blown 6's, you just gotta catch their attention

I haven't dyno'd my car, but based on other setups, I would be close to 300 rwhp I would be guessing. And as mentioned, with the intercooler coming out for the x-charger, it is going to make it a really well rounded kit.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

I still need to tune them but theres def been a topend gain.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
And as mentioned, with the intercooler coming out for the x-charger, it is going to make it a really well rounded kit.

I thought that kit was suppose to be out earlier this month. Do you know where it can be purchased when it is available?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

Explorer Express, call them up.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

well, i woulda done a turbo kit, but turbo's arnt legal in california well anyways, i am planning to take it to the track in time, but this is my DD, and i dont see me taking it more then 1 time every 4 months probably. and i like the whines of blowers. so i guess the X seems like it might be more for me, but i sorta do want as much possible hp i can squeeze in. but do you think the X will match if not output more hp tq then the vortech hi-output? is the intercooler kit out? i looked on their website and didnt see a kit with an intercooler. why can i not find any numbers from their site either?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 AM
JimC

My Xcharger hi-po kit put 260 to the rear wheels from a dyno day at Alternative Auto, but it has a lot left on the table - others who have gotten some numbers are at 280 or more from what I have seen. Dyno numbers though are just a tool, real world the car on this tune runs 13.42 in the quarter mile. It runs very rich and I haven't had time to get it in for dyno tune (running the bama mail order tune right now). I also decided not to push getting it in with Lidio since I will be adding the intercooler.

The first 20 intercooler kits are already spoken for (I am in that group) which is one reason you don't find it on the Explorer Express site yet. A second reason it isn't listed is that Dave is waiting on some part from Ford though that is back ordered before he can ship. One of the problems of having to depend upon third parties is that their schedule doesn't always meet your needs.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
My Xcharger hi-po kit put 260 to the rear wheels from a dyno day at Alternative Auto, but it has a lot left on the table - others who have gotten some numbers are at 280 or more from what I have seen. Dyno numbers though are just a tool, real world the car on this tune runs 13.42 in the quarter mile. It runs very rich and I haven't had time to get it in for dyno tune (running the bama mail order tune right now). I also decided not to push getting it in with Lidio since I will be adding the intercooler.

The first 20 intercooler kits are already spoken for (I am in that group) which is one reason you don't find it on the Explorer Express site yet. A second reason it isn't listed is that Dave is waiting on some part from Ford though that is back ordered before he can ship. One of the problems of having to depend upon third parties is that their schedule doesn't always meet your needs.
Jim, what's your 1/8th mile time? I know your car is faster than mine and my set up is basically the same as yours except mine is manual and I have 410 gears. I put 287hp to the wheels and 301 torque with a custom tune. It just goes to show that dyno numbers aint all that.

Quick Reply: V6 X-Charger or Vortech HO? Advantage between gear driven and twin screw?