Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 X-Charger or Vortech HO? Advantage between gear driven and twin screw?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

Any engine mods need to have an Executive Order exemption.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

If it's not listed in that database, it's not legal.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

ABQ is right u want an aluminum driveshaft for safety, on a dyno or at high speeds ~120mph the v6 driveshaft has been known to fly out taking alot with it
the less weight and rotational mass is just a bonus, and a pretty good bonus
Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

alright, im completley sold on the X, hopefully il be a proud owner by june/july. thanks for all your help guys! wish there was a couple more vortech guys here to have heard both sides more, but il take what i can get, and im gunna get the X.

make sure if you get an aftermarket DS you pick up a saftey loop as well, in the unfortunate event of a DS failure it could save your life, ive never heard of anybody whos had a personal experience with a DS failure but it happens and you wouldnt want it to be you.

and for the turbos in cali? im not sure why, i think it just ranges from car to car. cause i see plenty of mitsubishi evo's around and they are turbo'd so go figure??? also long tube headers are illegal here to. even some K&N intakes and other intakes from companys, thats one of the first things I ask when im about to purchase something for my mustang "Is this C.A.R.B. approved?" Cali has some of the most facist laws on cars...
Old 02-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

black mamba was a vortech guy. he's a vette boy now but he always had input on the vortech.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM
badboymustang

Default X charger in mind

I know im going to have ppl repeating themselves but i just wanted to make things clear..

This is what i have so far picked out and have my mind on.. http://www.americanmuscle.com/xcharg...it-0509v6.html

but i wanted to know why the other kits are so much less ??
Old 12-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

The X-Charger Xtreem, and any roots or twin screw system as far as that goes, basically cost more than the Vortec or Procharger because there are many more large precision machined castings for the manifold, intercooler core and inlet tube along with the blower housing. The MP90 is much more expensive to produced. The centrifugals basically have one small spinning turbine wheel where the roots type blowers have to larger precision machine rotors. That's it in a nut shell.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Rshustler1
2nd Gear Member

Just to clarify.. what ki d of performance gain do I get if any with the vortech in the lower rpm band... I rarely go over 4500 rpm but am also contempkating these to options
Old 12-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

You will get a little but not even close to as much as an X-Charger down low which makes it more fun on the street IMO. If you are only going to 4500RPM the X-Charger is a better option for sure.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Rshustler1
2nd Gear Member

I have a shaker hood system so. The x is not ideal. Because I like my hood ..unkess there is a solution ti this I remember reading someone had a shaker and an x but had to do Alot of customizing
Old 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM
badboymustang

what do you guys think about adding Meth to the s/c
http://www.americanmuscle.com/snow-p...ce-stage2.html

Quick Reply: V6 X-Charger or Vortech HO? Advantage between gear driven and twin screw?