Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Street lights

Old 04-11-2010, 12:00 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default Street lights

This isn't really a technical question but just curious do any of your 05-09 4.0's turn off street lights? Lots of the time I'll be out driving around and street lights, long rows of them, will simultaneously shut off as I pass by. Have any of you noticed this? It scares the crap outta me sometimes because a well lit street suddenly goes black lol... I have stock headlights in it, just wondering what would cause this. Perhaps the angle my lights are at is just enough to make the street lights think it's daytime or something? It doesnt do it with every street light but in two separate towns I visit regularly there are certain spots it happens every time and only with the Mustang. There was even one spot I thought was cool on the highway because it shut each light off one by one as I passed by for like 3-4 lights then it stopped
Old 04-11-2010, 01:14 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Weird!
I do know some streets lights around here automatically shuts off. Street lights are not always in top working order and when they get to hot they shut off to cool down. I was walking my dog the other night and it happened.

Last edited by 07 Stang; 04-11-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:04 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

lmao I want a video. Not that I don't believe you (who would make this up) but that sounds really funny. Honestly don't know what could cause it besides some kind of electrical interference.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:25 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by maxshuty
This isn't really a technical question but just curious do any of your 05-09 4.0's turn off street lights? Lots of the time I'll be out driving around and street lights, long rows of them, will simultaneously shut off as I pass by. There was even one spot I thought was cool on the highway because it shut each light off one by one as I passed by for like 3-4 lights then it stopped
Turning off as you approach them, maybe.
But as you pass by them, NO.
I want video proof or I call BS.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:56 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

taking my pants of and putting on shorts... its getting deep
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I perfectly understand calling a BS on this one, I probably would too if it weren't happening to me. I dont have a video recorder but I'll try to see if my friend does sometime this week and I'll try to get the video made lol (or does anyone know of an iPhone app for video recording that works good?)
Old 04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
shnorse

if your lights are lighting up the lamp then it turns off, maybe....

very unlikely though
Old 04-11-2010, 09:00 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shnorse
if your lights are lighting up the lamp then it turns off, maybe....

very unlikely though
I was thinking something like this too - and I live in a place with lots of turns sharp turns/hills so perhaps with the combination of those and my headlights I hit the sensors.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM
The_Enforcer
1st Gear Member

dude your stang is haunted by a ghost! lol
Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

uhh this kinda happened to me tonight, but I just assumed it was weird timing.

As I recall, I passed the lamp on the highway and saw it flicker off.. thought it was odd, but then another lamp right after that did it too..

Anomaly, probably.. but it could be a combination of timing/city cutting power costs/ghost lights..

Or maybe its all BS..?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Street lights