Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

300 hp v6

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
bobbob
1st Gear Member

Default 300 hp v6

ok so i have a 2006 v6 stang and well i got the bug and i want my lil sixer to be FASR

i have aprox 6000 to spend, my goals are 300+ hp and 340+ tq
im open to turbo or SC,
what do i need to upgrade?
what are the best brands,
which brands produce how much hp and tq?
ect ect

give me it all
lol
id prefer to spend as LITTLE money as possible
any advice is much thanked
i really want my car to be a speeed demon
Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bobbob
ok so i have a 2006 v6 stang and well i got the bug and i want my lil sixer to be FASR

im open to turbo or SC,
ect ect

give me it all
lol
$6,000 to spend? You lucky bastard To achieve those numbers, your best bet is to supercharge. The X-Charger Supercharger, made by Explorer Express, has received phenomenal praise on these forums, and will definitely push you to the numbers you want. That will cost roughly $4500. Install cost? Not sure.

With $1500 left to spend, I'd upgrade to true dual exhaust ($299-699 depending on the kit. Set aside $200 for install. As for brands, Ford Racing makes a fantastic kit. Pypes, JBA, and Magna Flow also make dual kits. The Ford Racing (FRPP) kit though tends to get the best feedback.

I'd also recommend upgrading your gears for faster take off (3.73's are a very popular ratio) and to get a traction lock with it so that you are putting power down at both rear wheels. While it is not necessary (albeit highly encouraged and recommended when upgrading to a supercharger) I'd recommend upgrading your rear axle to an 8.8 axle. Your v6 currently has a 7.5. At Newtakeoff.com you can purchase an 8.8 axle that already has the 3.73's and Traction Lock built into them. The axle is taken right off a stock GT. This will set you back another $850'ish. Not really sure what the install cost is. The "beefier" axle is encouraged to support all that extra torque you'll be laying down at your rear wheels.

and speaking of newtakeoff, they sell a true dual kit for I believe $299. Not too bad.

However, given the concern over the torque the supercharger will stress your current 7.5 rear axle with, I'd strongly encourage you to first upgrade your rear axle (complete with gears and traction lock) BEFORE supercharging. Is it necessary? Maybe not. Recommended as a safety precaution? You bet, especially if you plan on taking your ride to the track.

So....

1. True Dual Exhaust
2. 8.8 rear end axle w/ 3.73 gears and T-LOK.
3. X-Charger Supercharger

That should wipe out your 6K just fine

Last edited by Biceps; 04-13-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
JimC

As much as I love my Xcharger, I don't know if it will meet your dyno goals. The Xcharger Xtreme will definitely net you more RWHP and torque, but I don't know if it will get you where you want to be.

A turbo will generate more HP.

But dyno numbers are only good for tuning and showing your print out in a bench race. I'm very happy with my Xcharger at the track, and just waiting for my intercooler to ship so I can get the Xtreme to the track to see what numbers I can put down with that set up. So far, non intercooled, I have hit a 13.42 with the Xcharger on a very safe tune that runs rich so a lot is left on the table with it.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
As much as I love my Xcharger, I don't know if it will meet your dyno goals. The Xcharger Xtreme will definitely net you more RWHP and torque, but I don't know if it will get you where you want to be.

A turbo will generate more HP.

But dyno numbers are only good for tuning and showing your print out in a bench race. I'm very happy with my Xcharger at the track, and just waiting for my intercooler to ship so I can get the Xtreme to the track to see what numbers I can put down with that set up. So far, non intercooled, I have hit a 13.42 with the Xcharger on a very safe tune that runs rich so a lot is left on the table with it.
My X with the Wet-X option is right in the ballpark (300rwhp/352rwtq). With the intercooler it should be easily possible to make the sort of numbers he's hoping for.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:16 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

The sc and installation will run for around 5.5k or a tad more! Ive been recommended the procharger by local shops but the xcharger is extremely popular.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:59 AM
bobbob
1st Gear Member

any good site to look at SC and turbo kits?
and im deff going to upgrade the axle too lol
3.73 or 4.10 tho???
Old 04-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...ut-tuners.html

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...rivetrain.html
https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...on-thread.html

Last edited by Sam I am; 04-14-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bobbob

im open to turbo or SC,
ect ect

give me it all
lol
So it's 4 years old and probably nearly paid off. Trade it in on a 2011 V6.

Boom instant 300 hp and you get to keep your 6 grand. lol
Old 04-14-2010, 05:38 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
My X with the Wet-X option is right in the ballpark (300rwhp/352rwtq). With the intercooler it should be easily possible to make the sort of numbers he's hoping for.
Could be Paul, I guess because my current tune is so "safe" I'm not getting the power out of mine like yours. I just hope my Xtreme kit gets here soon, and then dyno tune it with Lidio.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:13 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whitehorse10
So it's 4 years old and probably nearly paid off. Trade it in on a 2011 V6.

Boom instant 300 hp and you get to keep your 6 grand. lol
How do you figure he will get to keep his $6K? If he trades in his 2006 for a 2011, it will not be an even trade. He will have to shell out some money in order to buy it. Maybe more than $6K.

Quick Reply: 300 hp v6