Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my car tuned : )

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:18 AM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Im not sure what shot we can go up to safely but as of now the 130 shot has been good to me with no problems. Well maybe traction problems ; )

Ya he is pretty awesome he really helps, even with little stuff like a rattling mirror that the other ford wouldn't replace because it was "scuffed" My tranny is already going south. It grinds going into 3rd and sometimes 4th. As of now its driving fine but he might upgrade me to a gt tranny if i buy the adapter plate.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:17 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Yeah, 75 is healthy and pretty "safe". That's the thing with nitrous, it's easy to upgrade the jets, but each bump up increases the odds of something "unfortunate" going on.

U R 11 5 at least knows he's pushing the edge of the envelope, and he's done the smart thing by getting a proper tune for it. The guys that scare me are the ones pushing a 125+ shot that can't even admit to themselves that anything could happen at that level, and are just running a slapped on nitrous kit straight up on the factory tune.
I agree with you about how he acknowledges hes pushing it. That cracks me up to see people with stuff that will kill your car and they're not worried about it at all and are so positive its fine.

Told my buddy with his tiburon that his motor wasn't going to hold up to a stage 2 supercharger while running lean. Its been on jack stands for almost 2 months now, detonation. Hes the exact type of person you're referring to.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:22 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Good luck with your runs! Be sure to post them up You've definitely got the right outlook on things lol, and knowing mechanics is always a huge bonus haha. My rear end went out and I was JUST over 36,000 miles (literally had ~36,100 miles!) I got my car serviced at 36,002 miles at the dealership, got an alignment done. So when my rear end went out I called Ford and they didn't want to help me even though I was BARELY over, and the "friends" at the dealership could have just reported my mileage as 35,999 or whatever but since I got the stupid alignment done it was already in the system as 36,002 :'( but in the end they gave me a huge discount on getting it fixed (pennies on the dollar )

Not tryin to steal the thread or anything but I always wanted nitrous - but having a bomb sitting in my trunk is what I'm most scared of. Anyone know some statistics on this stuff? Maybe I'm just being old school or something but how easily can these things go "kaboooom"? (Ie will hot temperatures do the trick, getting rear ended, etc.?)
Also if I did get some nitrous is it just an install and play mod or do I need to buy other parts to hold up with it? I've always been confused on that. In this thread you're referring to "stock" cars, but having an 8.8, 4.10's, etc. isn't exactly stock - my only mods are the CAI/Tune and the exhaust.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:40 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your dealer not helping you out. You should have gone with the 8.8 if you want a power adder like nitous. I almost went to a 9 inch when i snapped my first 8.8 but they wanted to much for it so i stayed with the 8.8 and i havent had a problem with this new one.

I always laugh when i hear people talk about nitrous being a bomb or explosive. Nitrous oxide is a non flamable gas. It even says so on the bottle. Movies like fast and the furious majke it seem like its a bomb but its not like that. It is a pressured gas and if you have a bad bottle or the psi get to great in the bottle it could blow up but it would be more like a soda can in a freezer not a bomb. The nitrous bottles have a release valve in them so if the psi in the bottle gets to great it will leak out the valve and not blow up. I have a down tube that vents the gas out of the car in case the nitrous leaks out of the bottle it will go out of the car and not chemically burn me. I think its pretty safe and i have had my bottle to 1300 psi with the bottle warmer on and it was fine but i think the psi you want to run is 1100-1250 but i could be wrong.

I dont remember saying my car is stock. I think i said i have stock intrenals which means pistons, rods and crank. My car is far from stock. I believe the kits say you can slap them on and go but there is more to it that that. You for sure need colder spark plugs and i recomend at least a tuner like sct so you can retard the timing but you really should get it professionally tuned if youre going to run nitrous even more so if its a dry shot. Depending on how big a shot you might need a new clutch and rear end. It almost seems never ending but its denfinatly not install and go spray.

I hope this information has helped. It is correct to the best of my knowledge but i am not a professionial and it could be wrong so check with a professional before you install anything on your car.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:15 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by U R 11 5
Ya i have slicks and a 8.8 rear end with 4.10s and posi. I also have drag springs with the airbag in the spring
good deal ! can't wait to hear your results
Old 06-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Informative thread

Good luck on track times
Old 06-03-2010, 02:13 AM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

Default My track results : )

So i went to the track tonight and i am very pleased with my results. I mostly ran in the 12.7s but my fastest time was a 12.693@106.38 with a 1.759 60'. That was on 91 so once i get my race gas tune i am hoping to be in the 12.4-12.5 range i just need to get that launch down. Thanks for readinf guys and comment me back and let me know what you think.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Nice times ! looks like it coming out of the hole like a S.O.B. !!!! what were you launching @ ????
Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

I was launching at 3000. The 4.10s, drag springs, and slicks really help. I had them down to 12psi but my last run i spun because it was getting colder and i had a ****ty burn out. I needed to go down to 10psi but i know that for next time.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Sounds good dude. She is going to come out of the hole screaming...

Quick Reply: Got my car tuned : )