Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I know there's been a lot of positive Brenspeed reviews lately BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Default I know there's been a lot of positive Brenspeed reviews lately BUT...

This is just exceptional lol. I had my first day at my new job today and during the 10 hour shift I caught myself thinking a few times "gee, wouldn't it be great if I came home to find my brenspeed tune in my inbox?". But I quickly shook off the day dreams when I remembered I only got my order confirmed on tuesday.

I was wrong.

Just opened up my inbox and Doug from brenspeed sent my my tune 9 hours ago. That's just amazing. I realize it might have been faster because I only ordered a single file and no tuner but still, 2 days?!?! This is sweet.

Going to load it up now, I'll follow up with you guys eventually...
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Nice... Brenspeed seems like a real stand up company. Congrats!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Lets us know how it turns out! I'm still stuck in between Bama and Brenspeed.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:34 PM
U R 11 5
2nd Gear Member

That is awesome. I never heard of them until i started with the forum. I have only heard good things though. Goodluck lt us know what you think about it
Old 06-25-2010, 02:35 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by U R 11 5
That is awesome. I never heard of them until i started with the forum. I have only heard good things though. Goodluck lt us know what you think about it
Same and then I saw them at an all Ford event here in Atlanta...
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Well I just got back from a spin around the city and I had a hell of a time the whole way.
As I pulled out of the gas station (wanted to top off on the 91 octane before loading the tune) I didn't feel anything huge right away. But I pulled up slowly to a light and waited for green.
2 seconds later I was singing through 4k rpm and I just started laughing out loud, seriously. Before 3k there is a sure improvement in throttle response and the car is definitely quicker. Just after 3k, however, you can feel the torque really pull. The car really comes alive and shoots through the higher rpms easily.

Lots have been said about improved throttle response. Let me put it this way.: For the last few weeks, I've been messing around with the throttle and I've learned how deep I can press it without making the engine rev. It used to be that I could press/depress the pedal a full 1/4 inch with the revs only upping a few hundred rpms. Now, if I do the same thing, the car jumps forward as if to say "What! Why would you do that?!".

I used to want a Bama tune, but when they went over to AM the change in pricing dissuaded me since they don't sell individual files anymore, and I already had an SCT and intake. I'll buy an 87 tune eventually, since I know its recommended, but I don't see any reason I'll have to switch from 91 anytime soon and if I do I'll just have to go back to stock.

I'll report back about MPG when the tank has dropped a bit.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Staggolee, you can buy tune files from AM/Bama. They aren't single tunes, but a 3-pack. The price is the same I think from Bama before AM. If I remember correctly before it was 1 for $50 or 3 for $150.

Then you get the free for life with it.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-custom-tune.html
Old 06-26-2010, 02:25 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Yeah I get that, but while their prices haven't technically changed the packaging has and I would just rather pay $75 for one than $150 for 3 right now. And now I qualify for the same "free tunes policy" over at brenspeed. Both AM and Brenspeed offer free tunes for life as long as the upgrade is for an item you purchased from their company
Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee
Yeah I get that, but while their prices haven't technically changed the packaging has and I would just rather pay $75 for one than $150 for 3 right now. And now I qualify for the same "free tunes policy" over at brenspeed. Both AM and Brenspeed offer free tunes for life as long as the upgrade is for an item you purchased from their company
Actually, AM doesnt require the part be purchased from them. I got new tunes for an upgrade that I didn't purchase from them.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Noodle23
2nd Gear Member

Lots have been said about improved throttle response. Let me put it this way.: For the last few weeks, I've been messing around with the throttle and I've learned how deep I can press it without making the engine rev. It used to be that I could press/depress the pedal a full 1/4 inch with the revs only upping a few hundred rpms. Now, if I do the same thing, the car jumps forward as if to say "What! Why would you do that?!".
Im sorry I'm having trouble following. Is the throttle respose better or worse?

Quick Reply: I know there's been a lot of positive Brenspeed reviews lately BUT...