Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Problem here: Sync not hearing me and this is why. . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 AM
dellaventura

OK, the guys "called in a favor" and got the diagram of the rear view mirror harness and informed me Friday that "it looks like it will be possible" to attach a separate mike and get this to work. I'm cautiously optimistic and will keep everyone posted.

Still don't know what I'm doing wrong with my compass readout. Just see two hyphen marks on the center display--where I once saw an "N", "NW", etc.

Dale
Old 11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
dellaventura

Smile

It’s been a LONG time (life happened), but finally getting a solution for this: since a separate mike will NOT work (it’s been tried), and the compass is a part of the factory mirror, the factory mirror will go back on and a clip-on monitor will go over the mirror, and that’s the name of that tune. . . finally. Thank God they make such clip--ons (never heard of 'em before), because a separate LCD monitor--in this particular case, would look hokey on this beast.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

That's great, I'm glad it's finally settled lol
Old 11-19-2010, 06:29 PM
dellaventura

Oh, it has worked out so well.
This guy is lucky. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnExJDqa3uA

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
--Dale

www.daleingham,.com

Last edited by dellaventura; 11-19-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:04 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by dellaventura
so I had a body shop install a reverse camera, and they installed a mirror with it. I got the BOYO camera and Mito dimming rearview mirror.
First mistake.
Body shop to do electrical work.
Second, they forked it up, make
them fix it (if they can).
They should have known that removal
of the OEM mirror would also eliminate
the SYNC mic. Idiots.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:57 PM
Gonzo_042

Default Microphone replacement w/aftermarket rear view Mirror

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and late to the thread, but sharing just in case anyone is having the same issue. For my 2012 Mustang (aka: Silver) I purchased the Auto-vox x1 pro touch screen rear view mirror with front and rear cameras and realized that by removing the original mirror, I was also removing my microphone so I needed a replacement.

I spoke with several Ford dealership reps and no one could help with the microphone questions I had. I did see several after market replacement microphones that you can splice in to the original harness that plugged into the OEM rear view mirror, but costing $100+. Nope. However, I found the instructions from those to be helpful to see how they tie their replacement mic to the specific three wires required (hot, ground and mic) on the existing harness in my car.

So, for $30. I decided to buy the F150 microphone that matched my interior headliner. If this microphone works with the F150 sync system then it should work for my stang... right?
When I received it, I realized the end of the part would not connect to the existing power harness. So, I broke off the plastic surrounding the wires and was left with three individual wires from the microphone (Red, Black, and White) and the best part was that they were each pinned. I crossed my fingers and I was able to find a diagram of the harness for my car which has ten pin openings. The top five, starting from the right to left are 1-5, the bottom right to left are 6-10. Slot 1 with a Blue wire is for power (12 volt), slot 4 with Yellow wire is for mic and slot 10 with Yellow/Black stripe is for ground. I took the F150 microphone and pinned the Red wire to slot 1, the White wire to Slot 4, and the Black wire to slot 10. I turned the car on and hit the voice button and commanded it to make a call and it worked.... I hope this helps future Mustang riders. I have attached photos...