Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

It's a very sad day for me... :(

Old 01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Half the people I know who are older than me and have been driving since before I was born still drive like ****. Experience and forethought/seeing things before they happen certianly helps. But remember even the most experienced drivers make mistakes or may not be able to correct in situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRSBVgqVpq0
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
If everything you keep saying is true, you are the exception to the rule not the other way around. I think statistics show well enough that it isn't one of those "one person can ruin it for the rest of us" situations. Young drivers are generally bad drivers.

I'm not going to pretend I wasn't a bad driver at that age either, I got into an accident my first week with a license. I couldn't imagine having this kind of attitude afterwards, though.
You know its funny. You were wrong just about every single time you posted on this thread. You know that? Really funny. I never said I was perfect, but I am safe, and sane. I rarely do anything a cop would give me a ticket for, and when I do, it is in a situation where no one but myself could conceivably get hurt. Now, anything is possible of course, but I am talking about the least likely situations where anything could go wrong.

Young drivers are not generally bad drivers. That is just a pathetically untrue and overused stereotype. I admit that I know plenty of bad young drivers, but I know plenty of good ones too.

We do speed. We do get distracted. We make mistakes. But the majority of us don't do particularly dangerous things or make serious errors. I agree that experience does make you better, but that doesn't make young drivers bad.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:33 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Should of killed the damn racoon.

Horse>Racoon.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:42 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Driving experience helps but **** happens, no matter the age.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ikemikestang
Should of killed the damn racoon.

Horse>Racoon.
Love your cars!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
You know its funny. You were wrong just about every single time you posted on this thread. You know that? Really funny. I never said I was perfect, but I am safe, and sane. I rarely do anything a cop would give me a ticket for, and when I do, it is in a situation where no one but myself could conceivably get hurt. Now, anything is possible of course, but I am talking about the least likely situations where anything could go wrong.

Young drivers are not generally bad drivers. That is just a pathetically untrue and overused stereotype. I admit that I know plenty of bad young drivers, but I know plenty of good ones too.

We do speed. We do get distracted. We make mistakes. But the majority of us don't do particularly dangerous things or make serious errors. I agree that experience does make you better, but that doesn't make young drivers bad.
I'll just leave this here from iihs (the people that collect and track crash information) [http://www.iihs.org/]

Teenage drivers have high rates of both fatal and nonfatal crashes compared with adult drivers. Teenagers drive less than all but the oldest people, but their numbers of crashes and crash deaths are disproportionately high. Based on crashes of all severities, the crash rate per mile driven for 16-19 year-olds is 4 times the risk for drivers 20 and older. Risk is highest at age 16. The crash rate per mile driven is nearly twice as high for 16 year-olds as it is for 18-19 year-olds.4 The rate of deaths per 100,000 people in 2009 peaked at age 19 for male drivers (16 per 100,000) and at age 18 for male passengers (8 per 100,000). Death rates peaked at age 18 for female drivers (7 per 100,000) and at age 18 for female passengers (7 per 100,000).

Many teenagers die as passengers in motor vehicle crashes. Sixty percent of teenage passenger deaths in 2009 occurred in vehicles driven by another teenager. Among deaths of passengers of all ages, 18 percent occurred when a teenager was driving.

A 2007 Highway Loss Data Institute study reported that overall collision (vehicle damage) losses for vehicles insured for teenagers to drive are more than double those for vehicles insured for use by adults only
If you read my previous post, I wasn't bagging on you, just stop trying to defend your peers. There is a reason it costs so much to insure 16 year olds in a mustang, they know the chances of something like this happening.

Last edited by LostBoyz; 01-04-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Im about to turn 17. And ill agree with all the older guys with teenagers in more wrecks and accidents. Of course this is going to happen, we have WAY less experience behind the wheel. No matter how good you and i think are at driving, we still have not encountered situations in where we dont know how to react as to where someone with years of experience has a natural safe reaction to avoid a wreck. Also considering the fact that no matter what anyone says younger people like me are always going to be more wreckless drivers.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:24 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

I think that'll buff right out.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:06 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

^ lol someone finally said it.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ikemikestang
Also considering the fact that no matter what anyone says younger people like me are always going to be more wreckless drivers.
Yeah and most of these old people were young and stupid once. Hand a 17 year old a 300hp car and he's gonna do some stupid ****. Hand a 40 year old a 300hp car and he's gonna do some stupid ****.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's a very sad day for me... :(