Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got in a car wreck, need some advice...

Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
OP, with your high deductible, there isn't any room for upgrades without a good amount of money out of your pocket unfortunately.
The GT500 conversion is about $2000 in parts last time I checked, not including the hood.
So that's that.

Since you don't have a lot of cash flow, I'd put that car back to stock with parts from a salvage yard.
Work with the body shop here.
The stock hood retails for $1300 so a used stock one or an nice aftermarket one will be cheaper, thus saving you a little cash.
Can you give me an idea of how much it costs to do the GT500 conversion? I found parts for around $2100 plus a hood. (And is my list correct?)
Old 02-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

If you are sticking with a non-GT500 fascia, a cost effective hood option is the Foose as they are on clearance right now at CDC for $450 shipped. And for the rest of the parts, make sure you shop around to places like Tousley as they are always one of the cheapest.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

I talked with the shop/insurance and it looks as though I can be cashed out with about $4150 after my deductable. So I'm going to go with the GT500 parts if I can price everything correctly.

I'm waiting on an email with a break down of what needs to be replaced/fixed. I'm planning to do everything myself (with the help of my brother who is a mechanic) besides the things that need special equipment/the paint and body work.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

What is a '07 SS V6? Sorry I was looking at your info and was curious.
Sucks about the accident, but its cool you get to upgrade from the not-so-pretty V6
bumper. Keep us updated with pics, please.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:25 AM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
What is a '07 SS V6? Sorry I was looking at your info and was curious.
Sucks about the accident, but its cool you get to upgrade from the not-so-pretty V6
bumper. Keep us updated with pics, please.

Oh it just stands for Satin Silver. I sure hope so, I need to have something good come of it!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

So I'm going to have the car towed back to my house tomorrow. They will be sending me a check for about $4100 after all is said and done.

I went ahead and looked around some more and found Tousley Ford selling what I listed for around $1300 before shipping. I thought I remembered that the parts guy there was the one to make the list in the first place and that if we talked with him we could get a discount of some sort? Anybody know what I'm talking about?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang
Can you give me an idea of how much it costs to do the GT500 conversion? I found parts for around $2100 plus a hood. (And is my list correct?)
Sorry, I'm late to your post...

I'd say a GT500 conversion is about $500 to $700 in labor to do (depending on the State labor rate), including painting the bumper.
In your case, since you're gonna do the wrenching yourself, all you need a shop for is painting that bumper.

Don't forget this thread about the parts list:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...t-pg-14-a.html
Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Sorry, I'm late to your post...

I'd say a GT500 conversion is about $500 to $700 in labor to do (depending on the State labor rate), including painting the bumper.
In your case, since you're gonna do the wrenching yourself, all you need a shop for is painting that bumper.

Don't forget this thread about the parts list:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...t-pg-14-a.html
Thanks for the help on costs. That's the same parts list I have so that's good. Would you take a look at my last post above yours, and if not from them, where would you suggest I get the parts from/who should I talk to?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:49 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I have a few of the parts you have listed as well, some of the brackets, upper grill, etc.
If you're going with the gt500 conversion, then go for it!
As far as Tousley, call and ask for the 'internet sales' in parts dept. I usually talk to Mike, and he takes great care and gives the prices listed online, a nice discount off retail.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:29 AM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Not to be a tool, but this is exactly what my last one got totaled out for.

Does it look anything like this?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got in a car wreck, need some advice...