Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got in a car wreck, need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 AM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
Not to be a tool, but this is exactly what my last one got totaled out for.

Does it look anything like this?

Yeah it sure does! Very similar.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang
Thanks for the help on costs. That's the same parts list I have so that's good. Would you take a look at my last post above yours, and if not from them, where would you suggest I get the parts from/who should I talk to?
I have never dealt with Tousley Ford but I hear it's your best price avenue if you don't have access to whole sale prices.
You might find some parts on E-bay if you're lucky but you have to be quick, that stuff don't stay there long.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:42 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I have never dealt with Tousley Ford but I hear it's your best price avenue if you don't have access to whole sale prices.
You might find some parts on E-bay if you're lucky but you have to be quick, that stuff don't stay there long.

Thanks again. Hope you don't mind yet another question but on my bid sheet it shows that the radiator support needs to be replaced. It's nearly a $600 part new (discounted). They have it on the sheet for $281 (used) and then add 6.8 hours in labor with what looks to be a couple more hours for other odds and ends under the Radiator Support section? I'm guessing it needs to be welded etc so it's not something I can do, but does that seem right?

I could email you a copy of the sheet if you'd like?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 11:22 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it sure does! Very similar.
Since that's the case, your frame is probably fine, but the engine may have been pushed back a tad. That's what happened to mine.

Off the top of my head, I required a new hood, fenders, intake, drive belt, front bumper, headlights, upper and lower grilles, radiator, radiator support, and a bunch of other minor things.

If you can't find a GT500 conversion for cheap, the Roush fascia and Steeda cowl hood combination is about as sexy as it gets.

It's a good idea to go aftermarket, since the parts are way cheaper. OEM parts would've cost me close to 11 grand, aftermarket was like eight. Would've been less than that had I installed it all myself. I ended up totaling it out, though :'(

Let us know when you hear back from your insurance company! Best of luck, man!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:38 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
Since that's the case, your frame is probably fine, but the engine may have been pushed back a tad. That's what happened to mine.

Off the top of my head, I required a new hood, fenders, intake, drive belt, front bumper, headlights, upper and lower grilles, radiator, radiator support, and a bunch of other minor things.

If you can't find a GT500 conversion for cheap, the Roush fascia and Steeda cowl hood combination is about as sexy as it gets.

It's a good idea to go aftermarket, since the parts are way cheaper. OEM parts would've cost me close to 11 grand, aftermarket was like eight. Would've been less than that had I installed it all myself. I ended up totaling it out, though :'(

Let us know when you hear back from your insurance company! Best of luck, man!
Mine isn't that bad, I have the sheet in front of me. It's almost all just replacement parts. Only big thing is the Radiator Support. Ugh.

Did you buy yours back?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:16 AM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Mine isn't that bad, I have the sheet in front of me. It's almost all just replacement parts. Only big thing is the Radiator Support. Ugh.

Did you buy yours back?
Nah, I sold it to the insurance company and bought my current ride with the money. I decided that the hit in resale value was just too much for me to stomach.

I still miss her, though.