Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang pranked... need advice

Old 02-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Astonius

Default Mustang pranked... need advice

My girlfriend's '11 Grabber Blue Mustang was the victim of a prank today. Someone put KY jelly all over the doors and the hood. Pretty funny, that is if it doesn't create any permanent damage, which is why I'm here. Is there anything in KY jelly that would hurt the paint job? I figure if it's safe for your private parts surely it wouldn't do anything to a car's finish, but you never know.

This seems to be a recurring theme with us, our cars being the victim of vandalism, however mine was much worse. Back in December my car was keyed. I have no idea who might have even considered it. I park in my garage, so it must have happened somewhere else. I try to park in front of security cameras whenever I can ever since it happened, but do you guys have any other recommendations for preventing this?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:49 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Do you know who did it?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Astonius

Originally Posted by baddog671
Do you know who did it?
She actually just found out it was a co-worker a few minutes ago.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 PM
2011Kona3.7L
1st Gear Member

My car got keyed a couple of weeks ago. Im in Conway, where in the state are you?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Back in high school we had some punks who would never respect others property and my friends RX8 would get trashed with either eggs or baloney every other day. Needless to say we shelled out for some ziebart diamond gloss and z-shield stuff (that clear protection that goes over the paint job) and boom, they never really bothered again cause the fun of easy vandalism was gone..

Anyway, I doubt any permanent harm was done but wash and clay bar (if you are paranoid) then wax the car to prevent any contamination, just my 0.02 cents.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

KY jelly doesn't stain, don't ask me how I know...
Old 02-26-2011, 09:22 PM
DougFL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Astonius
Is there anything in KY jelly that would hurt the paint job? I figure if it's safe for your private parts surely it wouldn't do anything to a car's finish, but you never know.
lol No I am no expert in KY Jelly, but I do know it mostly a water-based lubricant and since it can be rubbed onto and inside a human being (God where is this going)... it should have nothing inside of the lubricant that would cause any damage at all to the paint finish on the car. Because if it had something in it that could penetrate a finished paint job on a vehicle it would likely not be safely sold for its intended purpose.

Now the off the hande response would be find who did it and kick their butt. However, the rational response would be to file a police report for vandalism any and everytime it happens. That way there is a written record of anytime something happens. There could be trends that lead to an arrest down the line that could ultimately bring you answers. Since you later mentioned you know who it is, have them charged. How'd you find out? Admission? Witnesses? Make them regret their actions. Next time they could end up doing serious damage. And yes I would wash it thoroughly which should get it off (no pun intended there lol). Then wax it. lol

Back in December my car was keyed. I have no idea who might have even considered it.
Anyone who keys a Saleen should be shot - twice.

I try to park in front of security cameras whenever I can ever since it happened, but do you guys have any other recommendations for preventing this?
That is the right idea. Also at night, it is best to park at the very least directly under a light source if possible. And police report as soon as noticed. Sucks that people out there have such lack of respect. Best of luck to you and girlfriend...
Old 02-26-2011, 09:50 PM
drewzx3

I agree with the butt kicking.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Astonius

Originally Posted by 2011Kona3.7L
My car got keyed a couple of weeks ago. Im in Conway, where in the state are you?
I'm up in Bentonville.

Originally Posted by theACE
KY jelly doesn't stain, don't ask me how I know...
LOL!

Originally Posted by DougFL
lol No I am no expert in KY Jelly, but I do know it mostly a water-based lubricant and since it can be rubbed onto and inside a human being (God where is this going)... it should have nothing inside of the lubricant that would cause any damage at all to the paint finish on the car. Because if it had something in it that could penetrate a finished paint job on a vehicle it would likely not be safely sold for its intended purpose.

Now the off the hande response would be find who did it and kick their butt. However, the rational response would be to file a police report for vandalism any and everytime it happens. That way there is a written record of anytime something happens. There could be trends that lead to an arrest down the line that could ultimately bring you answers. Since you later mentioned you know who it is, have them charged. How'd you find out? Admission? Witnesses? Make them regret their actions. Next time they could end up doing serious damage. And yes I would wash it thoroughly which should get it off (no pun intended there lol). Then wax it. lol

Anyone who keys a Saleen should be shot - twice.

That is the right idea. Also at night, it is best to park at the very least directly under a light source if possible. And police report as soon as noticed. Sucks that people out there have such lack of respect. Best of luck to you and girlfriend...
Seems like we're on the same page. If it's safe for your taint it should be safe for your paint.

The guy that did it is kind of notorious for pranking cars, but never in a permanent damage sort of way. She's not mad as long as he didn't hurt the paint, and he even offered to take care of it if for some reason it did. Now she's going to get even. There are the classic ideas: condom on the antenna, glass chalk, etc... Any other safe, non-destructive ways she could get back at him?

Oh, and thankfully it wasn't the Saleen that was keyed. It was my old '10 Camaro. It still sucked, but at least it was a Chevy, right?
Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

As far as pervention, have a alarm put on it that will activate if messed with. She could also purchase a car cover.
When I had my GT, I would cover it up while I was at work. Never had a problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang pranked... need advice