Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Looking for a great sound system for my 2005 Mustang v6

Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Mastermmm
Banned

Default Looking for a great sound system for my 2005 Mustang v6

I currently have a stock system, but I want to get a nice 800 watt sub, and an adequate amp. the only problem is i know nothing about amps, subs, or wiring. and, i have talked to a couple people, and they tell me if i want a sub with that much power, i might need a better alternator than the stock one i have. does anyone have any knowledge on amps, subs, wiring, etc. and where i could get a good deal, along with if i would need another battery or alternator?

thanks,

mastermmm
Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

I will say I personally like Rockford Fosgate equipment, they are a little expensive, when I bought my car from the previous owner he invested a little over 4k into the audio, he had 1 10" sub powered by 1 amp, they car speakers powered by another amp, it was all customed made into the trunk, really looked awesome and it hit so incredibly loud, alot of people will chime in on what to do. Attached a pic of what I had, its all gone now, I'm a performance guy.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a great sound system for my 2005 Mustang v6-dsc_0135.jpg  
Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 PM
TheBocSez

Why not go with the Shelby/Kicker plug and play system? Its a little expensive, but an easy upgrade without having to mix and match and its designed specifically for our cars. This is the one if you have the shaker, if not, there is a kit for that and its a little less.

http://www.championmustang.com/moder...ms-p-1146.html
Old 04-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I was going to Kenwood on the head unit and kickers. It all really depends on how much you want to spend. I'm sure you can get a nice system for around $500. I'm new to sound systems though.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:16 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheBocSez
Why not go with the Shelby/Kicker plug and play system? Its a little expensive, but an easy upgrade without having to mix and match and its designed specifically for our cars. This is the one if you have the shaker, if not, there is a kit for that and its a little less.

http://www.championmustang.com/moder...ms-p-1146.html
Yea its made for our cars... But... You can build a better or equivalent system for half the price.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:49 AM
Mastermmm
Banned

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Yea its made for our cars... But... You can build a better or equivalent system for half the price.
And how would that be? I forgot to mention that I'm not looking to spend more than about 900-1,000, including installation.

Thanks for all the responses, and yeah I heard Kenwood is good stuff.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

You want a good sound system then switch to dual exhaust and drop some GT takeoffs on there, and you got all the music you'll ever need lol.

But Seriously,

Try some Infinity Kappa speakers for the front, don't really need to bother with the back deck yet. And Infinity is a good with the "best bang for buck" thing.

Then for the sub, maybe another Infinity 12", or an alpine 10" if you want (those are all I can really think of right now for good quality on the cheap)

And for the amp I would suggest a little better than "adequate" because if your amp is pushing more power than the sub can take, bad things happen.

If you need any clarification lemme know, but this is just my opinion, and sort of how I set up my system (differences abound) and I never bothered to change the head unit, cause I got a shaker in there which is decent I guess?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 AM
dom22

Here is what I did.

Elemental Designs e9.65i components in the door.
2 Sundown Audio E8v2 subs in a ported enclosure.
JBL GTO5355 amp 5-channel.
KOL-AK4-4 amp kit by KnuKonceptz
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT head unit.
total was just over a grand, love it.
good luck
Old 04-10-2011, 09:03 PM
pyrosaxplayer
1st Gear Member

i have the Shaker 500 system so the compents are fine so far. but i installed a Polk audio PA880 amp thats runnin 720watts rms, and i was runnin a Polk Audio DXI 12" but that blew out and now i have a Kicker L3 12" solo baric never spent more than $700
Old 04-11-2011, 02:26 AM
Mastermmm
Banned

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
You want a good sound system then switch to dual exhaust and drop some GT takeoffs on there, and you got all the music you'll ever need lol.

But Seriously,

Try some Infinity Kappa speakers for the front, don't really need to bother with the back deck yet. And Infinity is a good with the "best bang for buck" thing.

Then for the sub, maybe another Infinity 12", or an alpine 10" if you want (those are all I can really think of right now for good quality on the cheap)

And for the amp I would suggest a little better than "adequate" because if your amp is pushing more power than the sub can take, bad things happen.

If you need any clarification lemme know, but this is just my opinion, and sort of how I set up my system (differences abound) and I never bothered to change the head unit, cause I got a shaker in there which is decent I guess?
Awesome, thanks for the breakdown, I really don't know anything about sound systems so this is great. I'm gonna do some research on this stuff, see the costs and see what I like, and I'll definitely get back to you. Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for a great sound system for my 2005 Mustang v6