Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP!!! IM an idiot =(

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

If he can get it back to stock then you should be alright to add your tune, when you hook up a tuner to our cars, they become married, just like a key and a lock.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 PM
whitethunder09
1st Gear Member

Whew Okay Thank you so much. Thats about the only good news I have heard today. Big Help THank you all for the answers. He is coming here to put his back to stock tommorrow so I should be rolling out.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

...assuming your stock tune remained intact.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 AM
jlc41
2nd Gear Member

Default Tune

Originally Posted by Nuke
...assuming your stock tune remained intact.
Hey Nuke, hows that saying go....education is expensive lol.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jlc41
Hey Nuke, hows that saying go....education is expensive lol.

Nahhhh... Education is CHEAP. Ignorance is EXPENSIVE. Not saying the OP is ignorant; just stating that the internet is a great tool, if you use it.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I agree with Nuke... Ignorance is expensive, more than gas at least.
But Ignoranussness is really devastating!! Some people do think than Guam is gonna cap size, lol.

It's when you think you know something you never learned, that all hope is lost... Or when you don't have the ability to learn upon encountering the same problem over and over, which brings us back to Ignoranusses.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:20 PM
05raggtop4.0
1st Gear Member

I must be really missing something here. Granted I have an SCT but if the guy he bought it from used it to tune his car, it stored HIS stock tune, not yours and locked the tuner to HIS ECU.

If you used it on yours without getting it "reset" or "cleaned off" and with new tunes specifically written for your car installed on it, and it hosed up your ECU...him coming over to reset HIS car to stock will do NOTHING to help you out as it wont change the fact that that tuner is still locked to HIS ECU.

It to me sounds like you need to get a rollback out there and pay for a trip to a Ford Dealer for a factory tune install on your ECU. Then go get that tuner cleaned off (or by a new one), reset, and a set of tunes written for your ECU code.

I lurked on these boards for 2 years learning what NOT to do before I bought and plugged a new SCT/JLT pkg from Brenspeed onto my 05. So as others have said, it may be a bit more costly to get out of this one.

Oh, and one more quick observation: Autozone advice on tuning my Mustang = Kick me HARD in the #uts now, PLEASE!!!

Terry

Last edited by 05raggtop4.0; 04-11-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 PM
JimC

Disconnecting your battery doesn't do anything at this point - the corruption of your stock tune is already done and the corrupt file will sit there and wait for your to connect the power again.

If the seller comes over and sets his car back to stock - it is very possible that he will also be disabled afterwards. If I understand what you did -

you took a tuner mated to another car,

tried to load a tune for that other car on your car,

it wouldn't take the tune because it is the wrong car,

then you tried to load your stock tune back on,

and now the car won't start.

No telling now what corruption happened to that stock tune from the seller that was on the hand held. It may be corrupted now with a mish mash of your strategy and his. So if he tries to flash his car back to stock he may end up with a brick for the PCM like yours probably is now.

Even if he does flash his back to stock, you may not be able to load the tune on your car either because it isn't set up for your code -- or you don't have a stock tune file for the hand held to pull from your car now.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Topless89GT
1st Gear Member

This doesn't sound like fun, that's for sure!
If it married the car, this divorce sounds expensive!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:57 AM
whitethunder09
1st Gear Member

Yes I need to go back to the dealer ship and get a stock tune on it. He came over and his car worked fine afterwards but mine still didnt.
I thought he had already set his car back to stock and thats why he was selling it but he forgot to set it back to stock I guess. no more used parts for me until I come here first lol.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! IM an idiot =(