Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

how do i make a v6 faster?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197GT07
Again, I'm trying to strengthen your argument with whitehorse, thats all. I can do the math

I've also seen stock GT's dyno anywhere from the low 260's to 280's, I was curious what YOUR car made stock.

Did you do a dyno before your intake+tune?
There was no argument. If the man says he's getting 205 hp to the rear wheels I have no reason to doubt him. If it's true, that's great. If its just another bogus internet claim, there's no since arguing about it is there? All of the CAI / tuner packages I've ever seen claim no more than a 20 hp gain. But then we don't know what else he has had done to his car. I can see in the picture that it has obviously been lowered. Maybe he's changed the rear gears too, who knows. The point is I have no reason not to believe his claim. All I was saying to the OP is that you can't make these cars faster "cheaply". It costs money and most sixteen year old guys don't have that kind of money. Hence I suggested just enjoy the car as it is.

Then things just kind of went off on a tangent.

Last edited by Whitehorse10; 04-22-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whitehorse10
I really couldn't care less what your assesment of my views are RedFire. Hey, maybe you could teach wooley your magic gas pedal trick to make his car faster. LMAO.
I just noticed this "funny" comment, the "gas pedal trick" you mean where you recalibrate our DRIVE BY WIRE pedal assembly? But according to you there is no such thing because you talked to a "Roush" engineer? Get real
Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Hey, maybe you could teach wooley your magic gas pedal trick to make his car faster. LMAO.
Are you talking about throttle recalibration?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
Are you talking about throttle recalibration?
Yea thats what hes talking about, he claims me and the others that know about it/done it are full of ****.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Yea thats what hes talking about, he claims me and the others that know about it/done it are full of ****.
Ooook then lol
Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

But then we don't know what else he has had done to his car. I can see in the picture that it has obviously been lowered. Maybe he's changed the rear gears too, who knows. The point is I have no reason not to believe his claim.
You know that changing the rear end gears (3.31s to 4.10s for example) actually decreases what you get on the dyno right? Not that you actually lose HP, but it reads less.

Just sayin'
Old 04-28-2011, 12:23 AM
_aztec69stang_

i cut .2 off my 1/4 mile just by removing the bottom half of my intake box and rigging the filter in place and completely gutting the trunk and removing the back seats ran a 15.020 on stock tune 93 octane and stock intake pretty much stock everything
Old 05-04-2011, 02:41 AM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

i could care less how much horsepower my cai/tune put on my car...i just know that after i did it, my car started jolting when it shifts gears, the tires screech while shifting if im really gunning it, and on my 91 race tune...i peel out at stop lights on accident. ENTIRELY different car. $600 isnt really that bad when you just bought a $12000 car. that $600 could be a couple of dings here and there or some more mileage.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Good advice in here, I'd do CAI, tune, gears and LCA's. After that, you can determine where to go from there.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
It's called a placebo effect Red. You want to believe that it does something so you convince yourself that you can feel a difference no matter how miniscule. Automotive engineers from numerous manufacturers have openly declared this procedure a bunch of bunk. There are various different versions of it floating around the net depending on what car is in question. Sometimes there are two or three different methods described for the same car. None of them do anything. You just want to believe it so it won't matter what anyone tells you. But it's not doing anything. The APPS resets itself when the car turns off. Read a repair manual once in awhile. Ask someone who works on the cars for a living, not just talk about it on the internet.

Ever wonder why there's not a procedure to lessen the throttle sensitivity? I mean if there is a method to make the throttle more sensitive, it seems only logical that there should be a procedure to remove some of the sensitivity in case one over adjusts it yes? Strangely you never see a procedure for this. lol But hey, you believe what you want to man. My throttle is spot on instantaneous and has been ever since I bought the car. 32 thousand miles on it now.

Quick Reply: how do i make a v6 faster?