Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gotta do something about these v6 Valve covers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

I just painted mine with some engine paint. They look pretty good. All i have are some crappy phone pics though.

Ford Blue FTW
Old 06-07-2011, 11:01 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ABQstang89
I just painted mine with some engine paint. They look pretty good. All i have are some crappy phone pics though.

Ford Blue FTW
+1,

its not hard at all to do just a PITA at a few points in getting the valve covers off. Mainly disconnecting stuff from them!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Well I was talking to Baker the other day and he said it really wasn't bad. I would definitely like to paint the valve covers at some point. I plan on going with a blue and white theme for my car so they will probably be blue. I really like how ABQ's came out.

Anyways, so that intake cover. I can't seem to find any. The only ones seem to be made by Midwest, and with it being out of business and all, I doubt I will be getting one from them any time soon. If anyone knows where to get something like the one Midwest sold, don't hesitate to post.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:27 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

Yeah the hardest part of the whole thing is getting the covers off. You need a deep socket to get them off, 8mm maybe i don't really remember. A little persistence and your done in a couple hours.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Well I was talking to Baker the other day and he said it really wasn't bad. I would definitely like to paint the valve covers at some point. I plan on going with a blue and white theme for my car so they will probably be blue. I really like how ABQ's came out.

Anyways, so that intake cover. I can't seem to find any. The only ones seem to be made by Midwest, and with it being out of business and all, I doubt I will be getting one from them any time soon. If anyone knows where to get something like the one Midwest sold, don't hesitate to post.
For the right price I know where there is one
Old 06-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Jasoon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Bangastang had one in his garage sale section the other day, he's been advertizing it on his facebook page too. Give him a call.

If he's already sold it... watch ebay, you never know...

Originally Posted by ABQstang89
Yeah the hardest part of the whole thing is getting the covers off. You need a deep socket to get them off, 8mm maybe i don't really remember. A little persistence and your done in a couple hours.
yeah a lot of stuff is in the way, but it can't be as bad as the valve covers on my dakota. 10 bolts per valve cover, partially concealed under the cab of the truck, not to mention worming around the brake booster sticking out from the firewall... oh and the replacement gasket leaked all the way to the MOPARS in Branson show in 2009. good times.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jasoon
yeah a lot of stuff is in the way, but it can't be as bad as the valve covers on my dakota. 10 bolts per valve cover, partially concealed under the cab of the truck, not to mention worming around the brake booster sticking out from the firewall... oh and the replacement gasket leaked all the way to the MOPARS in Branson show in 2009. good times.
Yeah its not that bad just frustrating. What color is your car man? Looks like that GM orange, love that color.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Jasoon
2nd Gear Member

The color is from the Dupont Hot Hues collection, but we added green flake and customized the flop and shade so that the car does not "orange" out in the sun.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:05 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jasoon
The color is from the Dupont Hot Hues collection, but we added green flake and customized the flop and shade so that the car does not "orange" out in the sun.
Very unique and I like it, almost looks like the burnt orange Nissan offers for the 350z and some other cars they make!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 PM
PStuart

@2005Redfire6, in addition to those nice looking valve covers, all your hoses and other plastics under the hood look pretty well taken care of. Any tips/recommendations on keeping them looking fresh like that?

Quick Reply: Gotta do something about these v6 Valve covers...