Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Xtreme Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Lol no no, no royal rumble. Just simply pointing out the fact that you have to pay an additional $2000 on top of $4500, which sucks.

Haha! Yeah, just razzing ya! If I recall correctly, aren't the Vortech's priced better, even with an intercooler? It's been a while since I've checked prices.

That's one mean looking ride you have by the way!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biceps
Haha! Yeah, just razzing ya! If I recall correctly, aren't the Vortech's priced better, even with an intercooler? It's been a while since I've checked prices.

That's one mean looking ride you have by the way!
Thanks buddy! Yes you can get an intercooled vortech kit for $4,500.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Thanks buddy! Yes you can get an intercooled vortech kit for $4,500.
Always remember, you get what you pay for.......not, to take away from any other kit, but have not seen another Roots Style Kit available for the 4.0.....

If I was to do Centri, I would scrap that and go TURBO......IMHO.

If you have the $$$ to go F/I......then $$$ does not matter, what matters is the you get what YOU want......It's all in what an individual would like......

I like your Vortech and I like my X-Charger......both nice kits.......Freedom of Choice!!! NICE!!!!

Funny both kits not offered OEM.....thanks to these fine manufacturers and designers, we have F/I'ed 4.0, that seem ROCK at different RPM's.......I prefer LOW END TORQUE!

On Another Note: I also prefer IPA's.......over Stouts.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:49 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LITER6
Always remember, you get what you pay for.......not, to take away from any other kit, but have not seen another Roots Style Kit available for the 4.0.....

If I was to do Centri, I would scrap that and go TURBO......IMHO.

If you have the $$$ to go F/I......then $$$ does not matter, what matters is the you get what YOU want......It's all in what an individual would like......

I like your Vortech and I like my X-Charger......both nice kits.......Freedom of Choice!!! NICE!!!!

Funny both kits not offered OEM.....thanks to these fine manufacturers and designers, we have F/I'ed 4.0, that seem ROCK at different RPM's.......I prefer LOW END TORQUE!

On Another Note: I also prefer IPA's.......over Stouts.
Would it make a difference if I paid $2800 for the whole kit (polished) and it has some extras: 2.87 pulley, Canton intercooler reservoir, battery relocation kit, and a saleen heat exchanger. Originally I was going to go turbo but I couldn't turn that deal down.... But I agree, its all personal preference.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Wink

Would it make a difference if I paid $2800 for the whole kit (polished) and it has some extras: 2.87 pulley, Canton intercooler reservoir, battery relocation kit, and a saleen heat exchanger. Originally I was going to go turbo but I couldn't turn that deal down.... But I agree, its all personal preference.
A Good Deal is a Good Deal.....

IF I had some $$$, I would go after that BOSS 302....a couple MODs....What a Ride!!! $$$ is what I don't so....

Just now reality set in, I love what I got.....Supercharged 4.0!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4LITER6
A Good Deal is a Good Deal.....

IF I had some $$$, I would go after that BOSS 302....a couple MODs....What a Ride!!! $$$ is what I don't so....

Just now reality set in, I love what I got.....Supercharged 4.0!!!
I agree, you gotta work with with ya got! And its unique.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

This is just what ive read, but I could be wrong. Ive heard the vortechs need to be professionally installed because of the need to drill and tap the oil pan. No need for the x. So ive heard.

Not having to pay 1000 for the install evens things out a lil imo
Old 09-09-2011, 12:39 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stags
This is just what ive read, but I could be wrong. Ive heard the vortechs need to be professionally installed because of the need to drill and tap the oil pan. No need for the x. So ive heard.

Not having to pay 1000 for the install evens things out a lil imo

Thats only with the V2... And you could do it yourself with the right drill bit. With a V3 its self contained, doesn't tap the timing chain cover like the V2.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

I agree, you gotta work with with ya got! And its unique.
That's the thing. You see a ton of V6's that have appearance mods up the hoohaa, and then a CAI, Tune, and Duals. It's not every day you come across a supercharged V6 - irregardless of the brand of blower inside. And that uniqueness to our V6's is captivating and exciting IMO.

And if your car has a ton of sentimental value to you, if you're upside down in payments, if you have this much $$ but not that much $$, whatever, and you want more power....then you've gotta work with what you've got. You nailed it perfectly.

Last edited by Biceps; 09-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:18 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biceps
That's the thing. You see a ton of V6's that have appearance mods up the hoohaa, and then a CAI, Tune, and Duals. It's not every day you come across a supercharged V6 - irregardless of the brand of blower inside. And that uniqueness to our V6's is captivating and exciting IMO.

And if your car has a ton of sentimental value to you, if you're upside down in payments, if you have this much $$ but not that much $$, whatever, and you want more power....then you've gotta work with what you've got. You nailed it perfectly.
Amen! My car has a ton of sentimental value, its also paid for! And people expect V8s to be fast, not the V6 .

Quick Reply: Xtreme Questions