Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI/Tuner installed. Why wasn't this stock?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Default CAI/Tuner installed. Why wasn't this stock?

Over the holidays I took advantage of a couple of sales and a Gift Certificate a family member gave me to purchase the Ford Racing CAI and the SCT tuner with tunes from Bama.

Why didn't the car come this way? The tune especially. The one thing I did not like the most about my car was the throttle lag and the kind of float at times getting into gear. Both problems solved. This is not that expensive of an upgrade and Ford could have blown people's minds if they test drove a V6 that had response like this. The new V6's are much better now, so I guees they kind of addressed it.

So if you bought a V6 recently or have a V6 and thought $600 was too much(as I did for almost a year), BUY A CAI/TUNER COMBO NOW!.........

No seriously, NOW:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-07-...r-intakes.html

Like a new car, thanks to all those who recommended this. I should have listened sooner, like right after I bought the car. And get this I've only run the 87 street tune so far. I am going to run a full tank of each tune in the next two weeks.

Last edited by Hotwheelracer; 01-11-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hotwheelracer
Over the holidays I took advantage of a couple of sales and a Gift Certificate a family member gave me to purchase the Ford Racing CAI and the SCT tuner with tunes from Bama.

Why didn't the car come this way? The tune especially. The one thing I did not like the most aout my car was the throttle lag and the kind of float at times getting into gear. Both problems solved. This is not that expensive of an upgrade and Ford could have blown people's minds if they test drove a V6 that had response like this. The new V6's are much better now, so I guees they kind of addressed it.

So if you bought a V6 recently or have a V6 and thought $600 was too much(as I did for almost a year), BUY A CAI/TUNER COMBO NOW!.........

No seriously, NOW:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-07-...r-intakes.html

Like a new car, thanks to all those who recommended this. I should have listened sooner, like right after I bought the car. And get this I've only run the 87 street tune so far. I am going to run a full tank of each tune in the next two weeks.
You might bricks once you try a 91 or if you are lucky to have it, 93 tune.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I wish I was smart enough to pick up a 93 race when I picked up the tuner in '08. Though for 100 bucks, tunes for life.... Bday present perhaps...

Congrats hotwheel!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:02 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Once you try it you will buy it. I though the 89 was worth it. The 93 turns that car into a whole different animal
Old 01-12-2012, 02:06 AM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Hey hotwheel! We should meet up some time, I am super close to doing the CAI and tuner too. I would be curious to do a little pull with our cars to see how much quicker yours is with the CAI and tunes! For now I have a CDC classic chin spoiler, and a roush hoodscoop from AM thats getting here on Monday! I cant wait!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeachBlv
Hey hotwheel! We should meet up some time, I am super close to doing the CAI and tuner too. I would be curious to do a little pull with our cars to see how much quicker yours is with the CAI and tunes! For now I have a CDC classic chin spoiler, and a roush hoodscoop from AM thats getting here on Monday! I cant wait!!
Congrats on those two items, you will be really happy with the chin spoiler. Totally changes the front end. Is yours an automatic? From everyone's posts the CAI/Tuner really helps shift points, and they were completely spot on. I may try to get over to cars and coffee this weekend, we'll see if the family has any plans.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Congrats bro! I totally agree, the CAI/tune combo really wakes up our 4.0's!
My 93 custom tune feels a bit more whippier than my 87 custom tune. =-)
You will notice yourself getting on the throttle more often....Enjoy the new found power!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:20 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

i cant wait to get mine but unfortunately itll have to wait in line behind exhaust and wheels, im sure ford doesnt offer the tune because it can give problems, also the dam mechanics can figure out if a newer car has been tuned and then they can refuse to work on it even if its under warranty
Old 01-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

If I could go back in time, this would have been the first thing I would have done. Such a big difference. Well maybe third after pulling rocker stripes off and getting rid of the ridiculously long antenae. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my wheels and exhaust, but as far as pure driving fun the V-6 needs the tune/CAI.

I still don't know why the car wasn't tuned this way stock. At least the 87 street tune. Ford engineers are some pretty damn smart guys.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Lol if you think the street tune is good wait for 93 it's like comparing your stock car to the street tune.
If anyone in this thread needs a CAI see me I've got one for sale! Perfect condition obt selling because the 93 race tune wasn't good enough anymore....x charged

Quick Reply: CAI/Tuner installed. Why wasn't this stock?