Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

OBD Failed - Not Ready at Inspection today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:13 AM
jude69
1st Gear Member

Default OBD Failed - Not Ready at Inspection today!

Need some help or suggestions. My 2006 Mustang V6 failed inspection today (NJ) due to the OBD system "not being ready". The person there asked me if I recently disconnected the battery. I haven't. I have a feeling that this has something to do with my custom tune. I have a 93 tune from the SCT XCAL2 with a JLT cold air intake. I got this done a few years ago. I'm about to contact Evolution Performance, the place that I got the tune from, but I thought that I would mentioned it here first. I started doing google searches and stuff like that about this, but I have to run out now, so my time is limited. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dom
Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Has the car been sitting for any great lengths of time?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:18 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

I suggest move out of Jersey Why are they connecting to the computer anyway?
See if your tuner will connect or if it also times out. If it can't connect either then I'm going to guess you've got a ground or feedback issue of some sort. Based on your mods list I would suspect the audio system/Sirius install. Try disconnecting ground and power from these and then see if you can interface with the computer.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:24 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I bet it is your tune, most places will turn off the rear o2 sensors and that will not let it go through all the cycles that it needs to so it can be ready for inspection.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:36 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Yep, your O2s are turned off. 99% probability.
Why are you trying to pass inspection with a CAI and a tune installed?
Revert back to the stoak airbox and put the Stock Tune back in her.
Follow the adaptive learning relearning procedure in the owners manual.
Then get her tested and get back to us....
Old 06-19-2010, 11:14 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
Yep, your O2s are turned off. 99% probability.
Why are you trying to pass inspection with a CAI and a tune installed?
Revert back to the stoak airbox and put the Stock Tune back in her.
Follow the adaptive learning relearning procedure in the owners manual.
Then get her tested and get back to us....
Mine passed inspection with a CAI...
Old 06-19-2010, 01:35 PM
jude69
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies so far. To answer some questions mentioned: No, the car has not sat for extended periods of time. I drive it to work Mon-Fri, about 80 miles per day. It may sit unused on a Sat or Sun or both though. I do not have the Sirius connection anymore. I would hate to have to put the stock airbox in. The Motor Vehicle Inspector was aware of the tune and C&I and he didn't state to me that it was the problem, as if I shouldn't have it on the car. As some of the posts mentioned, it looks like I should have another tune maybe setup to have these O2s enabled. Right now, I can't go back to the original tune because of the JLT intake and the fact that I don't have an 87 tune in the tuner. This stinks...lol. The car has been running great BTW. No problems, so to speak. 79K, still has the original BF Goodrich stock tires and the only thing that I had done, which was recently was brakes and rotors in the rear.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

When I ordered my Brenspeed tunes, they asked if I was in a state that requires emissions test, which I do. They stated that they would provide me with an emissions safe tunes.
I would recommend contacting the place where you purchased the tune and ask if they can provide you with an emissions friendly tune. If not, I know Brenspeed could help you out. ;-)
Good luck buddy!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:43 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Your only two options are to get the rear O2 sensors enabled in your tune, or temporarily run the stock tune and stock air intake.

You probably had a total of 3 "not ready's", all of them due to the rear O2 sensors being turned off in the tune. Been there myself.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:58 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I've gotten a "not ready" status on my 1st Passat because I didn't do the K line bypass for the aftermarket head unit

Quick Reply: OBD Failed - Not Ready at Inspection today!