Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxdude018 View Post
That about nails it on the head, its paid for, I dumped alot into the suspension beforehand, I already had the 8.8. I can do the swap myself so I don't have labor costs, plus it's my first mustang and the costs would probably come out the same in the end. Not easy finding a gt with only 17k on the engine for 13k, and the trade in value of your car is worth 9k.
I figured as much, hopefully by the end of this year I'll have a built/blown 4.6 3 Valve in my car. Also my car has too much sentimental value!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
flyhigh@mach1
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang V6

Well then...I know why now!
2006 Mustang V6 Pony Package/Ford Racing Performance Package CAI, Dual Exhaust, and Tune/ DG Customs side window Louvers/ Airaid CAI filter/ SHR Honeycomb black deck lid panel and Fuel door/ Sequential Tail Light kit/ Chin spoiler/ White Lemans Stripes
flyhigh@mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #13
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang 4.0L v6

Have to agree I'm defiantly looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'm considering doing a swap once my cars paid off. I like the looks of the 2013's. I'm just not in love with them like I am with the first gen S197.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
X3xMONGOOSEx3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 V6 to V8, GT450

Obviously I am impatient on wanting to do this swap, the worst part is because of my job I won't be able to do this until the end of the summer, but it gives me plenty of time to make sure I have everything.
obxdude018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #15
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06,Ford,Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6 View Post
You heard wrong, quit going by hear say and slinging false information around. Thats an opinion which is fine but don't say "I wouldn't consider them".
Pypes has the worst metal. I would stay away. :P It's like buying harborfreight tools and breaking within one use. :P
zanypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #16
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang 4.0L v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanypunk View Post
Pypes has the worst metal. I would stay away. :P It's like buying harborfreight tools and breaking within one use. :P
How many Pypes exhaust systems have you owned?

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
X3xMONGOOSEx3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Looks like I found my cams, comp cams stage 2 nsr 127200
Old 05-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #18
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Turbo V6; 2005 V6->V8 swap beast

Nice that your swap is coming together. The hardest part is getting all the parts!

I dont know what headers you're putting in, but with american racing, I couldn't get the engine/trans in together with them on. Had to put the headers in after the swap was in.

Lol on 'why not just get a GT'. When you can do the work yourself, and can get everything for $3k or less, it's a fantastic upgrade to an already-modded car.
Swapping from a 4.0 to a 4.6 is quite easy.

Keep us posted
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

One of my two packages from ford parts giant comes tomorrow and the other on Monday, I am about to send out my payment for the manifold now. I am still undecided on the longtubes/h pipe combo I want to get. I am set on the slp loudmouths however. I am definitely getting closer to having everything that is important to get it in, I am sure there will be one or two pieces here and there that I overlooked when I go to drop it in. When I get the manifold I will set it on the block and take some pictures to show how it looks with the black covers and red block.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #20
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Josh Baker JoshuaDBaker xxPanduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumzer21 View Post
i heard pypes dont sound good in v6 or v8, so i wouldnt consider them, if you have the choice of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanypunk View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuEq6...1&feature=plcp

You're right, those sound horrible 40k worry free miles. Man I wish I didn't get such a cheap set for my exhaust. lol

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you OP. Good luck with everything!

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - Ordered
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone

Last edited by bakerjd; 05-18-2012 at 12:06 AM.
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:00 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
99, american, body, classic, corporation, costs, fox, general, mustang, needed, powered, swap, upgrade, v6, v8, vbulletin