Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #31
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 V6 to V8, GT450

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor1148 View Post
i will be watching this!

What's the best way to get the engine affordably? just find a wrecked gt or what?
It's easiest to find a donor car so you can have everything there in hand for the swap.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
obxdude018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #32
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 ford mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxdude018 View Post
It's easiest to find a donor car so you can have everything there in hand for the swap.
Find me a donor car for 2k haha
Old 07-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #33
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 V6 to V8, GT450

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007bluestang View Post
Find me a donor car for 2k haha
Take the time to look for them, the deals are out there, people tend to be lazy and want others to do the work for them, the other benefits of getting a donor car is then you have the ability to part the remainder of the car out depending on where the damage is and once you part it out then you just scrap the car and still get some cash for it. If you go to copart.com you will see some of the cars they have and some of them sell for 3k.
obxdude018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #34
snicksnipa
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuEq6...1&feature=plcp

You're right, those sound horrible 40k worry free miles. Man I wish I didn't get such a cheap set for my exhaust. lol

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you OP. Good luck with everything!
I completely agree! Pypes bombs are one the best sounding exhausts for GT's however Pypes exhaust for v6er's is a different story.
2009 Mustang Torch Red Manual - JLT NextGen CAI + BAMA 91 Race Tune ll 19" Staggered Machined Flat Black AMR Wheels with Sumitomo HTRZIII ll Full Eibach Sport Suspension System (Sportline Springs, Shocks/Dampers) ll Shelby Terlingua Front and Rear Sway Bars ll J&M Panhard & Extreme LCA's ll True Duals to Ford Racing FR500S Mufflers ll CDC Chin Spoiler ll GT500 Spoiler ll 8000K HIDS ll Blackout Panel ll CDC Grille
snicksnipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #35
bryan95502

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxdude018 View Post
I have no offers on any of the v6 parts yet. They are still in the car, but they will be removed the 18,19,20 when I do the swap. I am located on the Outer Banks.

obxdude018 and I have made a deal for me to buy all the leftover V6 parts when he is done.

I can't wait to get rid of the automatic. It's really the biggest negative I have about my car!
bryan95502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #36
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 ford mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by snicksnipa View Post
I completely agree! Pypes bombs are one the best sounding exhausts for GT's however Pypes exhaust for v6er's is a different story.
My friend has pypes shorties, pypes x pipe, and pype bombs on his 6. Sounds unbelievable. I dont think you know what you're talkin about
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
99, american, body, classic, corporation, costs, fox, general, mustang, needed, powered, swap, upgrade, v6, v8, vbulletin