Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

115k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM
cslix
1st Gear Member

Default 115k miles

v6 05 automatic mustang..
MAINTENANCE TIME aka drain my wallet time..

so far i have plugs wires street demon cap.. what i think i should buy.

radiator flush..
new air filter.
fuel filter

What are the necessities? besides what i have?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Well, I have 47k on my 2007... I have changed the fuel filter twice at about 15 dollars a pop and 15 minutes of my time...

I have had 3 new air filters... which is like turning the bathroom light off after you leave, pretty easy...

I flushed my radiator which was no biggie, except the p.o.s. plastic ford drain plug turn into dust as soon as I looked at it, let alone tried to loosen it.

I put new plugs in when I put my supercharger in... about 20 minutes... I would say 115k is about right for a plug change.

I also changed my tranny fluid at 30k.

if your car is running good, just check all your belts, hoses, and change the items you listed. you should be good to go.

jd.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM
thejoker62
1st Gear Member

117 000 Is still not that bad =)
Your pony is still strong dont worry.

Change all fluids and also check transmission ...
Old 01-29-2013, 12:57 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Change out your cabin air filter. You remove the right windshield wiper arm and the cowl. It is under the right side cowl. Change that and you'll be surprised that you were able to breathe in your car. They get so damn dirty and black and full of leafs and pieces.

Check your engine dampner. Since you have the 4.0, check the balancer for signs of damage or separating. You want to check these occassionaly since they tend to have problems separating and coming apart.

Last edited by akdoggie; 01-29-2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
cslix
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
Change out your cabin air filter. You remove the right windshield wiper arm and the cowl. It is under the right side cowl. Change that and you'll be surprised that you were able to breathe in your car. They get so damn dirty and black and full of leafs and pieces.

Check your engine dampner. Since you have the 4.0, check the balancer for signs of damage or separating. You want to check these occassionaly since they tend to have problems separating and coming apart.
Appreciate this advice I will check the cabin air filter.. but! what is the cowl? and also engine dampner? and balancer? :O
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cslix
Appreciate this advice I will check the cabin air filter.. but! what is the cowl? and also engine dampner? and balancer? :O
The balancer and dampner are one in the same item. Just different names. It is the bottom pulley/crankshaft round thing, called the harmonic "balancer". It is on the bottom front of the engine, where the belts run. They can come apart and give you damaged belts, rattles, no start and more problems.

The cowl is the black plastic pieces under the windshield wiper arms that cover the area. It comes in two pieces and is held in by push pins. After you remove the arm and cowl cover, you will see (passenger side of the car) the cabin filter. You can go to the service manuals in the forum on how to remove and replace it.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
cslix
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
The balancer and dampner are one in the same item. Just different names. It is the bottom pulley/crankshaft round thing, called the harmonic "balancer". It is on the bottom front of the engine, where the belts run. They can come apart and give you damaged belts, rattles, no start and more problems.

The cowl is the black plastic pieces under the windshield wiper arms that cover the area. It comes in two pieces and is held in by push pins. After you remove the arm and cowl cover, you will see (passenger side of the car) the cabin filter. You can go to the service manuals in the forum on how to remove and replace it.
Appreciate that breakdown! maybe its loose because i started my car today before work and a belt sounded like it was constantly squeaking.. it did rain and was cold but im not sure that could probably be anything.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM
The01Cav
2nd Gear Member

I would do trans flush, change the fluid in the differential, check the belt, Plugs, plug wires, Coolant flush and while doing the flush go a head and put in a new thermostat. I would also go ahead and flush out the brake fluid.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM
cslix
1st Gear Member

I also seen to change my pcv valve? whats pcv stand for and where is it located? how much does it cost? and how hard is it to install?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM
cslix
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by The01Cav
I would do trans flush, change the fluid in the differential, check the belt, Plugs, plug wires, Coolant flush and while doing the flush go a head and put in a new thermostat. I would also go ahead and flush out the brake fluid.
can you link me a website to buy the thermostat i cant find one.. i also am having a mechanic do the flush so i wouldnt know how to insall the thermostat do you think he would charge a lot?

Quick Reply: 115k miles