Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help with info on extended warranty...

Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM
kenmustang

Picking up our new 2014 V6 Premium Coupe this week. When making the deal, F&I guy gave us the Ford extended warranty brochure, showing the 500+ items it covers. "Discounted" price $2214 for 7 years, 48k miles. (Our '07 Mustang has 30k miles, so we aren't high mileage drivers.) His pitch was "with all the computer controlled technology in the car..."
I've never bought an extended warranty, but it did get me thinking. Still have a couple of days before I puck up the car, so if anyone thinks it's wothwhile, let me know.

Thanks, Ken
Old 06-24-2013, 07:53 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by kenmustang
Picking up our new 2014 V6 Premium Coupe this week. When making the deal, F&I guy gave us the Ford extended warranty brochure, showing the 500+ items it covers. "Discounted" price $2214 for 7 years, 48k miles. (Our '07 Mustang has 30k miles, so we aren't high mileage drivers.) His pitch was "with all the computer controlled technology in the car..."
I've never bought an extended warranty, but it did get me thinking. Still have a couple of days before I puck up the car, so if anyone thinks it's wothwhile, let me know.

Thanks, Ken
Welcome and congrats, kenmustang! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. The Ford ESPs are a great peace of mind to have. You should check out our Extended Service Plans and the Maintenance Plan we carry.

Deysha
Old 08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome and congrats, kenmustang! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. The Ford ESPs are a great peace of mind to have. You should check out our Extended Service Plans and the Maintenance Plan we carry.

Deysha

Hi Deysha ;
We have a '14 Mustang Premium 'vert w/pony pkg .
Plan on having a Magnaflow catback or axleback exhaust installed would that cause any problem with Factory or Extended Plans ?
What is the longest Ext. Plan available?
Are there ever, any special sale prices on Ext. Plans ?
I'm very interested in getting a affordable Ext. Plan, but we Drive our Pleasure Mustang @ most 4,000 miles a year.
Feel Free to PM me with Cost of longest plan for our car @ these mileage figures.
Thanks
Old 08-30-2013, 09:40 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by OlPal
Hi Deysha ;
We have a '14 Mustang Premium 'vert w/pony pkg .
Plan on having a Magnaflow catback or axleback exhaust installed would that cause any problem with Factory or Extended Plans ?
What is the longest Ext. Plan available?
Are there ever, any special sale prices on Ext. Plans ?
I'm very interested in getting a affordable Ext. Plan, but we Drive our Pleasure Mustang @ most 4,000 miles a year.
Feel Free to PM me with Cost of longest plan for our car @ these mileage figures.
Thanks
Hello OlPal,

Congrats on your new ride! Aftermarket parts will not void “all” of your warranties. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info. This is why I recommend speaking with your servicing dealer (service manager) before installing any aftermarket parts to your vehicle, because some of them are very strict.

Ford Racing Parts come with their own warranty and if your dealer is a FRPP dealer, they will only honor those aftermarket mods. You can locate one of our FRPP authorized dealers here.

Regarding pricing and info on our ESPs, please contact our ESP Sales Department at 1-888-252-3899.

Deysha
Old 08-31-2013, 10:17 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

[b[His pitch was "with all the computer controlled technology in the car..."[/b]

Thanks, Ken
Do not do it.
The electronics are not all that complicated.

Put that $2214 in a bank account. In 7 years
it will still be there if all goes well.
If they slide it in with the purchase price of the car,
you will be paying sales tax on that amount as well...
They would also like to finance that $2214 and get
the interest on it as well...
Old 08-31-2013, 01:20 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, Ken

Ken we plan on buying the longest warranty they have for our '14 mustang 'vert.
Bought the wife a Pontiac Gran Prix a few years back [the fancy 1 with the small block v-8] luckily I had purchased GM warranty or the $3600 bill for a blown Transmission would have really smarted on our budget...
On my Ram 1500, I bought the Lifetime Warranty, it may be the last really nice truck I ever buy ! It's Ram Tough, so I hope I never have to use the warranty..
I will say this, stay away from secondary warranty suppliers...
Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Starsky

Thanks, Ken
$2214 sounds high, should be $1400 range and it should be 7 yrs or 70,000 miles, not 48K. Im not positive on the 70K as it may be higher. I'd certainly suggest negotiating that price down quite a bit
Old 09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

I've never been an extended warranty person either, but I got 6 years 60k miles from my dealer for $800. That was cheap enough that I went for it since I was doing a 60 month loan on it. And it's Ford, not third party.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:32 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Got my 6 month oil change the other day & asked the finance person what a Premium Care 500+ 7 year, 60,000 mile, $100 deduct plan would be !!

They quoted $1,360, I paid less for my wife's Taurus so i'll check with that dealer!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:11 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Thanks, Ken
There has been nothing I could not fix on this "highly computerized car".
The extended warranty is for suckas.

Tell him to go jump in the lake and not add the 'ext warranty' to your financing for the vehicle...

Get the amount wanted and deposit that into a bank account for
if and when this 'highly computerized car' that the manufacturer
does not think enough of to not have to scare you and push for the
ext warranty carps a module and it has to be replaced.

If nothing goes wrong for the life of the vehicle, whom do you
think has the money? YOU. If not then the $$ is there for the fix.
WIN, WIN for you but Ford looses in the situation.

You think NASA has the 'ext warranty' on the Space Shuttles?
A little trip to the 'dealership for a fix' during a flight when one
of the 'highly computerized' modules goes out?
I think not.
They 'modules' can be built tough, just not Ford tough it seems...