Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
pardopachiv
1st Gear Member
 
pardopachiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang V6 Coupe
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 81
Default Shaftmaster or Dynotech

Which one would be a better bang of money, Shaftmaster or Dynotech?

price for shaftmaster 3.5'' DS is around $600 from their website

price for dynotech 3.5'' DS GT (i assume it would fit on V6) is around $750 from brenspeed, cant find pricing and ording info from dyno's website...

americanmuscle.com also carries alum. DS at the price of $770, not sure if they manufacture their own DS or they might get it from Dyno.

What would you take? pros and cons?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
pardopachiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member
 
tx_zstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Vehicle: 2006 Turbo V6; 2005 V6->V8 swap beast
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 2,302
Default

shaftmasters is the best. excellent service,too,if you have issues.
__________________
Mike - 2005 Stroked/Forged/Cammed V8 (5.0L.); Kenne Bell 2.6 @ 18psi, + many mods. (formerly a V6 w/Vortech supercharger);
- 2006 4.0 V6 with PH Turbo and TR6060
tx_zstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

 
edwin108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2010 GT
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 256
shlbygt500 shlbygt500
Default

+1 for Shaftmasters
__________________
2010 Mustang GT Premium Grabber Blue / 4.6L 3V / 5MT / 401A / Security / HID / Comfort / TrackPack / 3.73
Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams / Steeda CAI / Steeda CMDPs / Bama Tunes / UPR Oil Catch Can / Shaftmasters 3.5" Aluminum DS

2005 F150 STX SuperCab - Dark Shadow Grey - 4.6L 2V / 4X4 / 3.55
edwin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
JimC
Moderator
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,301
Default

Agreed on the Shaftmasters. Had it on my 2006 and never had any problems. It was a great upgrade, and the customer service from Shaftmasters can't be beat.
__________________

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
pardopachiv
1st Gear Member
 
pardopachiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang V6 Coupe
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_zstang View Post
shaftmasters is the best. excellent service,too,if you have issues.
I'm swapping the v6 rear end to a v8 8.8, Shaftmasters 3.5'' v6 DS still fits? or should I go with the one for the v8? their are about the same price, is there any difference btw the two? anything else should be added to properly install the DS, e.g. cobra flange from fordracing?

Thanks a lot
pardopachiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
pardopachiv
1st Gear Member
 
pardopachiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang V6 Coupe
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin108 View Post
+1 for Shaftmasters
thanks a lot
pardopachiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
pardopachiv
1st Gear Member
 
pardopachiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang V6 Coupe
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Agreed on the Shaftmasters. Had it on my 2006 and never had any problems. It was a great upgrade, and the customer service from Shaftmasters can't be beat.
got it. thank you.
pardopachiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 11,967
Default

I love my Shaftmasters...
__________________
Eddie
Livernois 298 stroker
2005Redfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
JimC
Moderator
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardopachiv View Post
I'm swapping the v6 rear end to a v8 8.8, Shaftmasters 3.5'' v6 DS still fits? or should I go with the one for the v8? their are about the same price, is there any difference btw the two? anything else should be added to properly install the DS, e.g. cobra flange from fordracing?

Thanks a lot
If you are swapping to an 8.8" rear end at the same time - and if the rear end is from a 2005-10 Mustang, just tell Shaftmasters when you call them and they will build it for a direct fit with no pinion flange change needed.

If the rear end comes from a 2011+ then it should have the correct pinion flange on it for the V6 drive shaft.

You don't change the shaft based upon the rear end - different lengths for V8 and V6 are because of the transmission location/length, not the rear end location. Your new 8.8 will be in the exact same spot as the 7.5 was so you will need the V6 shaft.
__________________

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
pardopachiv
1st Gear Member
 
pardopachiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang V6 Coupe
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
If you are swapping to an 8.8" rear end at the same time - and if the rear end is from a 2005-10 Mustang, just tell Shaftmasters when you call them and they will build it for a direct fit with no pinion flange change needed.

If the rear end comes from a 2011+ then it should have the correct pinion flange on it for the V6 drive shaft.

You don't change the shaft based upon the rear end - different lengths for V8 and V6 are because of the transmission location/length, not the rear end location. Your new 8.8 will be in the exact same spot as the 7.5 was so you will need the V6 shaft.
Great info, thanks bro.

i dont even know that 2011+ rear would fit 05-09 v6; any difference or improvement over the 05-10 rear end?
pardopachiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup