Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new mustang owner on a mission to save my pony! 2007 V6 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Cerberusx

Default new mustang owner on a mission to save my pony! 2007 V6 4.0

Hello everyone! I'm to the site and and new to owning a mustang
I was going to save up for a 1969 fast back but those are too hard to find and fix up correctly (original parts)

so I found this little uncut gem which is my 2007 V6 4.0 with pony package!
so far I love this car and its handling!

now heres my problem the car right now...
the previous owner put shelby cobra cosmetic parts on it such as front side emblems, rear trunk shelby lettering emblem, and the trunk lock lid cobra emblem!

I know its a blasphemy and I want to make this car into a high performance 4.0!

so this is the help I need.

1st what do i need to do to get the shelby stuff off?

2nd where can I find metal 4.0 emblem for the sides, grill and trunk lock lid and anything else that would look neat?

I know I've seen it before IRL but I cant seem to find the right ones for this year specifically.

Also here are a few things that I'm also planning modding
"exterior cosmetic"
new functional hood
new grill "not sure what style"
new Halo smoked head/fog lights
new tail lights sequenced/smoked (well maybe)
new stripes in dark red
new weather stripping "pretty aged on the car"
new paint in same color or in the "mustang alloy gray" that is a bit darker
keyless entry/starter (just cause its awesome)

in short this is going to be one expensive project BUT well worth it for a car that i plan to keep for a long time!

as far as cosmetics this is what I plan to do...
any input is welcome good or bad
Attached Thumbnails new mustang owner on a mission to save my pony! 2007 V6 4.0-936826_10201320484122539_1298148208_n.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:53 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Since you don't list any performance mods and a long list of visual mods, what are your intentions for this car? If you ARE planning for performance, I'd strongly suggest using that gem to find a 4.6L since you'll be dumping more money into the 4.0 to get it close to the 4.6. Otherwise, if you don't mind the 4.0, then you've done well and I'm glad to see that you're thinking ahead AND asking the forum for input. Most folks here have tried everything you've mentioned at some point and their experience can help prevent you from wasting your $$.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

I started out like you. Now I have new .....everything. Look at my signature. That should give you a general idea of what I've added so far and there are a lot more that you can't list due to limitations on letters. The total's are mindblowing when you add them up. lol. But they've been fun and enjoyable. I guess that's what's important.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

dont bother...just enjoy it and buy a gt once u can afford it..
all my friends and collegues ridiculed me untill i got a v8...
imho spending money on any car is a waste..but throwing money into an inrefior model car is just stupid
Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Check American Muscle's website they will have most if not everything you need to put it back to how its supposed to be.

4.0 is a decent motor it's built well. It just lacks in the power department and building it up sadly will only get it to about a stock 4.6 if that. But like the others have said just enjoy the car for what it is. Personally I would not spend a lot building the engine. Maybe just toss on a CAI and a tune and call it a day.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:10 PM
09 stang

I really wouldn't call the v6 a inferior model after all if it wasn't for the production of the v6 model i doubt that they would still making the mustang if they just produced just the v8.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

It really kills me when the GT guys come in here and start spouting off about how its not worth modding the 4.0 and it would "sadly only get it to 4.6 power". I am not sure where you get your numbers from but my 4.0 was much less then a GT and with a $2800 supercharger kit it puts down almost 100 more RWHP then a stock 4.6, so where are these comments coming from? I guess its just all personal preference, I am a more unique kind of person and want something different plus I like being the under dog. Everybody expects a GT to be fast but not a V6.

Also, like the guy mentioned above the "inferior" V6 is the pretty much what keeps the Mustang line afloat. If all they made were GTs and GT500s, etc they wouldn't last.

Last edited by 2005Redfire6; 05-17-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 PM
DeadBob

In the end people should be happy it's not a (insert crappy import/chevy/"chrysler*cough* fiat *cough*"), because that's the true enemy here, not a fellow mustang owner, We all love Mustangs, that's why we're here!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

v6 is a great car...i loved mine...i just think thowing money into one is a little foolish.
throwing money into any car is really..
Old 05-18-2013, 04:11 AM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
v6 is a great car...i loved mine...i just think thowing money into one is a little foolish.
throwing money into any car is really..
Why are you here?

Quick Reply: new mustang owner on a mission to save my pony! 2007 V6 4.0