Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
BlondeInAMustang

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang
Default Color of trunk floor under the spare tire?

My 2013 Mustang was in a wreck (not my fault) and there were repairs done to the right quarter panel and trunk.
My question is: Can someone please tell me if the trunk floor should be painted the same color as the body of the car, or is it just a gold-ish color? Body of my Mustang is black.

Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
BlondeInAMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

The goldish color is normal, just the pre paint rust coating, I would call it more of a baby poop brown.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is “I have no interest in cars”. If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you are no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away" - Jeremy Clarkson
mph07alloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
BlondeInAMustang

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang

Baby poop brown. Yup. I was going to get the repair shop to paint it, but won't if it is standard. Thanks!!!
BlondeInAMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 White Mustang

You might as well if you can afford it. My car was in 2 wrecks and I had them repaint the trunk area because it looked so bad.

2006 Mustang V6 PP | C&L CAI | Bama 93 race tune | 14" Shorty Antenna | Eagle GTs | 18" stripe
GT/CS Front Bumper | Bullit Grille | Hawk HPS pads| Slotted and Drilled Rotors | Strano Swaybars
Prothane Motor Mounts | MMD Hood Struts | 55w 5000K HIDs | Poly Bushings

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark.
MustangFirstCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Considering all the judges at the shows that used to lift my trunk carpet to inspect the paint, I see why it's a concern.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 White Mustang

Haha, true Nuke, but really it was more for myself than anyone else. I don't take my cars to shows much, but I wetsand and buff and polish and wax my car more than some people who actually show their cars. All about that personal satisfaction.

2006 Mustang V6 PP | C&L CAI | Bama 93 race tune | 14" Shorty Antenna | Eagle GTs | 18" stripe
GT/CS Front Bumper | Bullit Grille | Hawk HPS pads| Slotted and Drilled Rotors | Strano Swaybars
Prothane Motor Mounts | MMD Hood Struts | 55w 5000K HIDs | Poly Bushings

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark.
MustangFirstCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar View Post
...All about that personal satisfaction.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

The factory never use color on stuff you don't see and when they do, it's not even clearcoated.
Considering the price of paint materials nowadays, it's a lot of money saved on millions of car produced so they leave the primer apparent.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #9
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
TorchVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
The factory never use color on stuff you don't see and when they do, it's not even clearcoated.
Considering the price of paint materials nowadays, it's a lot of money saved on millions of car produced so they leave the primer apparent.
Heck, they barely even cleared the paint in my trunk and engine bay that *can* be seen...

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011

Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

For them it can't be seen...
Unless you drive with hood and trunk open.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement