Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Please help.. car is shaking as i drive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 04:53 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

The car was running fine. It was low on gas wen you filled it up. Right after filling it up, from the time you pulled out of the gas station it started running like crap. Do I have all that correct?
If so why are you fooling around with the TB before changing the fuel filter and getting some fresh gas in there?
This guy is a friend, not much of a mechanic? A vacuum leak is easy to check for, just spray some carb cleaner all around the vacuum hoses and the intake. If the idle smooths out breifly you've got a leak. But again your jumping past step 1.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:52 PM
cslix
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jimkaray
The car was running fine. It was low on gas wen you filled it up. Right after filling it up, from the time you pulled out of the gas station it started running like crap. Do I have all that correct?
If so why are you fooling around with the TB before changing the fuel filter and getting some fresh gas in there?
This guy is a friend, not much of a mechanic? A vacuum leak is easy to check for, just spray some carb cleaner all around the vacuum hoses and the intake. If the idle smooths out breifly you've got a leak. But again your jumping past step 1.
No hes a mustang mechanic.. hes done most of the work on the car.. he did spray throttle cleaner on some areas and we couldn't really tell if it idled smooth or not.. i just stated it again and how its acting is.. i start it and it has a hard time starting up but it eventually starts up.. check engine like is on steady.. and idle is a little rough.. you are correct with everything i said before happening but i realized that once i awhile but lately the car from first to second felt like it was hesitating a little bit and i thought maybe the transmission was slipping but now im thinking that it was just the begging of this problem
Old 07-14-2013, 06:29 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Normally after it sits a while the crud will settle and it will run ok for a bit before it stirs up and starts causing problems again. Unless you manually clear the fault code the check engine light won't go off until the problem is no longer detected for some prespecified period of miles and time. If you were driving along and it starting doing this I would be more suspicious of something besides bad gas. Hopefully it is a simple fix.