Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Plenum Covers are back.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:08 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Just got off the phone and talked to a guy named Jim at this place and he is real nice. Call the number it is available. They said that they redesigned the mounting so it will clear the brace. It is done in white gel coat so it is easily painted. They sit a bit lower to clear the strut braces, what Midwest's didn't take into consideration.

Very nice guy. He talked about possibly giving one away in our Forum, so that could be a real deal for us. Call him. You'll be impressed as I was.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:28 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Who is our site moderator? If anyone knows, can you tell me or have him (her?) contact me. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 PM
the Renegade

Thank you for letting me know that we had a bad link Thanks again
Old 08-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by the Renegade
Thank you for letting me know that we had a bad link Thanks again
Awesomesauce. I'm glad to hear we got the communication issues worked out. I'll give you a call today Renegade as I have some questions before I purchase.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys, I too just got of the phone with a representative from their site.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few things:
Sounds like they removed the fins from the cover so people would have plenty of room to be creative and do what they want. To get the cover lower to clear strut tower brace they use industrial grade Velcro to hold it in place as there is no tension on it. No bolts makes it very easy to install.

Installation Instructions:

1. Open hood
2. Remove spark plug wire holder from back of intake
3. Wipe top surface of intake
4. Remove adhesive cover
5. Set cover down on intake
6. Completed

Also with the Black cover you can just install no painting needed the white cover is a finished in a white paintable gel coat so painted on colors are bright.
-----------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I have the funds, I think I'll spring for one. I plan on taking a can of Black Plastidip to it with a 4.0 High Performance logo from CJPony Parts. I might add the classic Mustang script chrome emblems to the flattened surface. Actually makes more sense to keep it flat for greater range designs.

He also said if it didn't fit with my BOSS 302 Strut tower brace (which he insisted it would), they would modify it to make sure it fit. Sounds like an A+ service to me. I'd say it's a go for me. All in due time.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Redfire6er
1st Gear Member

I'm going to wait awhile to see how many are purchased and what the fit and such is like before I pull the trigger. I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Thanks for finding these, I for one, have had my eyes peeled looking for one.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Yea, I'll probably end up writing a pretty detailed install and results guide when I get it. I don't mind being the guinea pig, just can't get one at this particular moment. I'm saving up for VEGAS in 2 weeks for my b-day!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:03 PM
crisplyr9

I don't really like it all too much
Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Velcro eh? I'm kind of iffy about the longevity of something like that IN the engine bay (the adhesive side staying stuck to the intake) though. I'll probably buy one in the next month or two, once I have heard initial reviews. Glad it [supposedly] works with a strut brace. I don't have one yet, but have had my eye on the FRPP piece. Sounds like a promising product, I will be staying tuned..