Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Spark Plug Wires

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

The Taylor wires look just like the factory ones, so there is no issue there.

You can kind of see them in this picture, they blend right in.
Attached Thumbnails Spark Plug Wires-img_20130603_105044_045.jpg  
Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
The Taylor wires look just like the factory ones, so there is no issue there.

You can kind of see them in this picture, they blend right in.
Oh I love how your engine bay looks. Did you do something to the body color areas? They all look as glossy as the rest of the car. I am always cleaning up my engine compartment but I can never get my painted areas to shine up. They just did not put enough clear coat on these areas from the factory. I also see you painted you valve covers. NICE TOUCH!
Name:  IMG_24031_zps2ba47e1c.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  120.0 KB
Old 09-10-2013, 10:37 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dencon
Oh I love how your engine bay looks. Did you do something to the body color areas? They all look as glossy as the rest of the car. I am always cleaning up my engine compartment but I can never get my painted areas to shine up. They just did not put enough clear coat on these areas from the factory. I also see you painted you valve covers. NICE TOUCH!
The shock towers aren't extremely glossy but they do have some gloss to them, most of that look is probably due to filter I changed on that picture. And yes I did paint the valve covers, they have been painted for 5 years now and look just as good as they did when I painted them.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
My guess is that your rough idle is not related to your ignition wires but to one or more of the following:
  1. clean the TB
  2. replace the fuel filter
  3. replace the spark plugs
  4. run a tank or 2 of Techron or SeaFoam
Well I did all of these things last weekend and it did not get rid of my rough idle I am going to get a set of wires and see if that will do it. Any other areas I should look at? Thanks for all your help, guys.
Matt
Old 09-14-2013, 08:50 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dencon
Well I did all of these things last weekend and it did not get rid of my rough idle I am going to get a set of wires and see if that will do it. Any other areas I should look at? Thanks for all your help, guys.
Matt
How about trying to clean your MAF?
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

I will do that. I got to thinking. I cleaned my engine about a month ago. really cleaned it. I wonder if I got something wet and messed something up.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

I cleaned the MAF sensor and changed out the air filter but the idle is still rough. It is not bad and I have never had a light come on. Again, I will have to get a set a wires and give that a try.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:20 PM
SteveDwsn
1st Gear Member

On one level, this sounds insane, but go with me on this -- how old is you alternator? At night with the lights on at an idle do your lights pulse?

Your car sounds like mine; same miles, same problem. I did everything everyone has recommended, but I still had the rough idle. My lights had a noticeable pulse as well.

I figured my pulsing lights were due to a faulty voltage regulator or something with the alternator. It charged fine at speed, but all the lights pulsed at idle. I took the alternator back where I bought it and it tested out fine. When I replaced it last year, I bought the lifetime warranty and the parts store swapped it out. With the new alternator, the pulsing went away AND so did the rough idle.

I can't say the two issues are related, but a valid argument can be made both for and against. All I know is my rough idle and pulsing lights went away with the new alternator.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

Thanks Steve. good point. I had not noticed the lights. The alternator has a "Refurbished" sticker on it. So it is not original. I bought the car last May. I will look into it.
I have notices a change for the good with the car's performance with all that I have do per this thread. I also have been noticing that the rough idle is at it's worst with the AC on. In the mornings before sun up. it has been nice out to where I have been driving to work with the AC off and the windows down. My idle is not so bad when I am doing that.
I might be making this more worse then it truly is.
My next step will be changing the wires and maybe the coil pack.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:59 PM
ManBearPigBalls

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141006402018...84.m1439.l2649

I put some NGK 52015 wires on a month ago and they run exactly like OEM. And for half the price too.

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Wires