Originally Posted by maxmustang
I work 40 hours a week and go to school full time so I have a little extra money but no time to do it myself. If it would cost around $300-400 to do it (after I bought red paint from AM) then I would much rather do that. Please let me know how much it would cost.
Do you mean painting the brake calipers red?
I painted my calipers black, for a subtle look.
I purchased the caliper paint kit from Auto Zone for like $18. You maybe able to pick up at other auto part stores as well.
The caliper kit includes the following: Caliper paint, painters tape, paint brush and brake caliper cleaner spray
**I would recommend getting a couple of small brushes. The brush provided is not very good.
It is easy to do, but a bit time consuming due to dry time and painting at least two coats.
I also helped paint my buddies brake calipers red and plasti-dip his wheels.
- 2005, 4.0 - Missing 2 cylinders :-/
- SCT Xcal3 w/ Brenspeed Custom Tunes
- Airaid CAI
- Pypes Streetpro Exhaust
- AM Front Chin Spoiler
- AM Quarter window louvers
- SHR honeycomb decklid panel
- Cobra R wheels
- Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
- Billet Honeycomb Chrome Front Grille Overlay
- Smoked tail lights & turn signals, Mustang 3rd brake light decal
- Raxiom sequential tail light kit