Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First month with first Mustang

Old 11-18-2013, 04:39 PM
staleystarch

Default First month with first Mustang

Now that I have owned my first Mustang, a 2012 V6 Premium, a month I'd like like to note a few impressions I have gained over this time.

1. A good percentage of the time Sync can't understand what I am saying.
2. My Mustang is a bit squirrelly on wet pavment
3. Mustangs are bit like a Dr. Who Tardis in reverse. Its looks bigger on the
outside than it is on the inside.
4. The manual shifter feels a bit clunky sometimes.
5. Lastly its the most fun driving car I have ever owned.

I would be interested in what some other owners thought of their first Mustangs after the first month or so of ownership?
Old 11-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

I thought similar things about my Mustang when I first got it. It's not as "composed" as some other cars. What I quickly found out though, is that it is the most stupidly customizable car that exists. I would say only the Civic could come close to the amount of aftermarket that exists for this car.

I also quickly found out, that because of that fact, you can turn your car into absolutely anything you want visually and functionally. Get rid of the factory "lets be cost effective" bits, and put some race grade upgrades. You'll have a new, even more badass car in less than $2k.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the world of the Ford Mustang. Everything you stated is common. Now that you got that out, time to start modding.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Hatchet
1st Gear Member

Welcome. I agree on all your points. I thought it was only me.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:51 AM
staleystarch

The Mustang really is a great car so I am glad nobody, at least so far, has taken my post as negative. As far as mods, I probably will do a few after spring comes around. The scarey thing is I have found myself browsing the internet for classic Mustangs lately.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:43 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by staleystarch
Now that I have owned my first Mustang, a 2012 V6 Premium, a month I'd like like to note a few impressions I have gained over this time.
1. A good percentage of the time Sync can't understand what I am saying....
Hey staleystarch,

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the car! Are you having trouble with all voice commands being recognized by SYNC or specific commands?

Kim
Old 11-19-2013, 12:03 PM
staleystarch

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey staleystarch,

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the car! Are you having trouble with all voice commands being recognized by SYNC or specific commands?

Kim
First, thanks for the question. The problem is not the commands themselves. For instance it understands 'Play Album' or 'Call <so and so>'. But, for many albums, artists, or a name in my call list many times it does not understand. For example, it never understands when I say 'Play album The Low Spark or High Heel Boys' or 'Play album American Beauty'.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:44 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

First, thanks for the question. The problem is not the commands themselves. For instance it understands 'Play Album' or 'Call <so and so>'. But, for many albums, artists, or a name in my call list many times it does not understand. For example, it never understands when I say 'Play album The Low Spark or High Heel Boys' or 'Play album American Beauty'.
No problem.

Sometimes, Samantha (the SYNC lady) will pronounce certain words in an unusual way. When the album is playing, press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and give the command WHAT'S PLAYING. This will let you know what pronunciation she is listening for. Also, make sure the album names are listed and spelled correctly.

Kim
Old 11-20-2013, 01:20 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Mustangs squirrelly rear ends since 1964 its rear wheel drive they tend to do that. Aftermarket lower and upper control arms with relocation brackets will fix that.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:31 PM
WhyMe

Ive had my 06 v6 for about 3 months now and still love it. While mine is far from fast, people around here don't seem to notice that it's only the v6 model.

But I have so much fun with it, my first ever Mustang too. The most fun I have had with a car since I was 17 and had a 68 Pontiac LeMans and I’m 44, lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First month with first Mustang