Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ABS & Traction Control

Old 01-17-2014, 08:08 AM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

Default ABS & Traction Control

Both ABS and Traction Control dash lights came on a couple days ago. Naturally, both systems are in off position. When I press the traction control button, the off light still stays on.

We have had a lot of snow, rain mixed, SLUSH galore, and freezing Temp in the 20's. Just wondering if there are wheel sensors and snow slush has gotten on the sensors and frozen.

I am wondering if things should thaw out when temps get into the 30" and run through car wash with underbody wash to clear the sensors and see if that works. If that does not work, then take it to my local mechanic.

Details of my car are below.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:46 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

It appears that you might have the wet SJB syndrome.
Search "leak" and read all about it...
Old 01-17-2014, 10:45 AM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

Got it. Everything corrected itself early this morning. Then system went off again later this morning. So, will not do anything until things thaw out and what not.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teetertotter
Got it. Everything corrected itself early this morning. Then system went off again later this morning. So, will not do anything until things thaw out and what not.
ABS and Traction control has been operational for 2 days now. I still have not taken car to car wash for underbody wash..etc. Under carriage is still full of salt, frozen slush, and frozen water. The sensors must have cleared themselves of whatever for the time being.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:06 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

As noted, your sjb probably got wet. Do a search, there's easy fixes and it is a very common problem. Dont leave that salt and crap on there!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:14 AM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

wrong thread

Last edited by teetertotter; 01-23-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Wrong Thread
Old 03-14-2014, 08:15 AM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

Update:
The intermittent ABS light comes on if car has slush or perhaps freezing water somewhere on the undercarriage. I leave the ABS light on until I feel like going to the car wash w under body flush.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:41 AM
massguy54
1st Gear Member

mine comes on every now and then and don't drive in snow
Old 10-08-2014, 02:30 PM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

Update: The ABS and traction light has been steady lights for a couple months. This morning the lower radiator thermostat was spraying water on the engine producing steam when antifreeze hit the engine block. I made it to my volunteer morning job. I had the car towed, via AAA, to my local mechanics garage to have lower thermostat replaced along with 3 hoses. Latter, I called my mechanic again to have him trouble shoot the ABS Traction Control system. Called me back and said was the rear wheel drivers side wheel sensor. I will pick the car up tomorrow. With snow season drawing near, need the ABS Traction Control System fixed. Snow tires go back on late November.
WINTER!! GRRRR
Old 10-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Snow? And I'm freezing at 56 degrees at sun-up this morning. Must be one reason I moved from the north.

Good luck on this issue. Continue to keep us posted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS & Traction Control