Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BAMA / Diablosport inTune question.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:03 PM
IvanH

Default BAMA / Diablosport inTune question.

So I got my diablosport tuner from AM/BAMA in the mail today and I plugged it in but there were only the stock tunes on the unit.. 89, 91, and 93 tunes. Is there something I'm missing? When I ordered the unit it asked me a few questions and such. I answered them and they sent me the tuner. Is there an email I'm supposed to have?
Old 03-15-2014, 08:06 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

It doesn't have the custom tunes option on it? Did you plug the tuner into a computer first? I had to do that with mine before plugging it in my car. Plugging it to a computer updates the tuner with the actual tuner files. I have the in tune I-1000 that looks like a small iPhone. The tunes that are on it now are most likely just the preloaded tunes. Try your computer first.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:06 AM
IvanH

I will try that. See what happens
Old 03-15-2014, 06:48 PM
IvanH

Just updated via interwebs and nada. Just diablo tunes. I called bama tech and was instructed to send an email with my backup file. Even the rep was under the impression that it was supposed to be preloaded. So much for having it for my monthly cruise this weekend to test :/
Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear. That would suck getting excited to have it not work. Hopefully AM and Bama will take care of you and get you squared away.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:04 PM
IvanH

So question for you guys with data logging capabilities: once I get the custom tune file in the car do I log some driving for 10 min and send that back to Bama to have them look over? There's really nothing I've found in my searches for the protocol on getting fine tuned. Seems like so many variables would make one tune for one car not suitable for another like car.

Is there a forum where I can familiarize myself with these PID's/ data reading?

Thanks in advance- This is a strange new world for me. I've always run a timing light/vacuum gauge/ screwdriver to tune in my cars lol.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by IvanH
So question for you guys with data logging capabilities: once I get the custom tune file in the car do I log some driving for 10 min and send that back to Bama to have them look over? There's really nothing I've found in my searches for the protocol on getting fine tuned. Seems like so many variables would make one tune for one car not suitable for another like car.

Thanks in advance- This is a strange new world for me. I've always run a timing light/vacuum gauge/ screwdriver to tune in my cars lol.
That's why you answer the series of questions so they can write you "plug n play" tunes. No data logging needed.just swap tunes and you're good to go.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 AM
IvanH

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
That's why you answer the series of questions so they can write you "plug n play" tunes. No data logging needed.just swap tunes and you're good to go.
There's too many environmental variables for that to be just plug and play. You may live in flagstaff az at 6000' and I may be at sea level in Southern California. Just the difference in elevation is enough that two similar cars with exactly the same everything would perform differently with the same tune. That's what the datalogger is for, otherwise why would they include it? ..
Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Just updated via interwebs and nada. Just diablo tunes. I called bama tech and was instructed to send an email with my backup file. Even the rep was under the impression that it was supposed to be preloaded. So much for having it for my monthly cruise this weekend to test :/

There's too many environmental variables for that to be just plug and play. You may live in flagstaff az at 6000' and I may be at sea level in Southern California. Just the difference in elevation is enough that two similar cars with exactly the same everything would perform differently with the same tune. That's what the datalogger is for, otherwise why would they include it? ..
IvanH,

Did you end up getting the tunes worked out with Bama yet? Sorry to hear they didn't come pre-loaded, as they should have. Although, it shouldn't have taken much longer to create the tunes and email them to you directly once Bama receive your info and backup file.

If you would like to datalog your tunes to be double checked by the Bama Team. Here's a full instruction guide on datalogging for 11-14 Mustangs. The instruction guide shows you which PID's and parameters to monitor and what conditions you need to drive the car in.

Datalogging for a 11+ Mustang that's 100% mechanically sound, isn't truly necessary. As a custom tune is built up of parameters with ranges and safety netting. Changes in the weather or elevation are all monitored by the PCM's Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF), as well as a few other sensors. The PCM is able to adjust for these conditions accordingly within the range of the tunes parameters. This is why the same tune will work on the same car (same mods) at different locations around the world.

Shane
Old 03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
IvanH

I have an '09. I didn't think the 05-09 were equipped with a 'learning' PCM. (Could be wrong)

I spoke with a bama rep this morning and he said they have my email/file I sent and I should have the tune some day soon. They also said it should have been pre loaded however they were experiencing problems with a server last week and it shipped without the tune being loaded.

Thank you for the help though. I appreciate the Ernest effort to solve my problem.

Last edited by IvanH; 03-17-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BAMA / Diablosport inTune question.