Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Crash!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:36 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

So sorry to see your baby bent up! Did you give a signal before you made that turn?
Old 07-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Criticalmass

Originally Posted by xXidol
So this is my first post (of hopefully many) on this site! Hopefully my post turns out properly. Anyways, I am a 17 year old who started my own company with pure intentions of buying a Mustang as my first car. After about half of year of working with my business I had finally come up with enough money to put a huge down payment and have some leftover for monthly payments and mods!

I'm not sure if this is where you introduce yourself so sorry if it is in the wrong spot. So I have had my 2014 Mustang V6 Pony Package for about 4 Months now. I have babied my car since day one! (Hand washed two to three times a week, dash cover to protect the dashboard, etc.) I never really took to many pictures of my car so the two below are the only ones worth posting!

Unfortunately, yesterday I was involved in an accident!

Describing how the accident happened is nearly impossible without actually being at the location so I am going to explain it the best I can!

I was driving a good friend home from school. When I took a turn off of the main road and into his neighborhood I was being followed by a blue Mitsubishi Eclipse. When I took a left onto his street, for some reason, the Mitsubishi Eclipse felt it was necessary to pass me by going into the oncoming lane of traffic and try to pass me...Note, this was a two lane road, both going in opposite directions. He hit me right on the driver side at about 45 MPH (10 MPH over the speed limit.)

I can't remember exactly what happened but my side airbag went off (Luckily because otherwise my head would have smashed through the driver side window.)

The cop said that he was not aloud to say who was at fault and seeing how it was yesterday, insurance claims haven't gone all the way through yet. The Eclipse driver got two tickets, one for Tailgating and another for Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road. I think it is safe to say that their insurance will cover the damages.

It just sucks that after babying a car for months that this had to happen!
Sorry for the pretty negative first post but hopefully I'll stick around and do some posting!

If anyone was wondering what I( have done with the car:
- Plasti Dipped the Wheels Black
- Borla Stinger S-Type Axle-Back Exhaust
- Ordered 3.7 Emblems and Green Plasti Dip but they have yet to arrive.

When I first saw the airbag I wondered who had been bagged and tagged inside the car. Looks like a person's head. Sorry to hear about this. You have to have eyes everywhere. Petty people with ***** envy all over the place and love to cut us off, try to outrun us, and they're all idiots.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Criticalmass

Originally Posted by Criticalmass
When I first saw the airbag I wondered who had been bagged and tagged inside the car. Looks like a person's head. Sorry to hear about this. You have to have eyes everywhere. Petty people with ***** envy all over the place and love to cut us off, try to outrun us, and they're all idiots.
I'll add that Corvette Owners, Challenger Owners, and Camaro Owners all have the same issues. I've heard the stories from all of them.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:19 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

I like how he's not "allowed" to say who was at fault, but basically told you the other guy was at fault by giving him two citations. I guess it's different here, we're a "no fault" state so the police report usually indicates who was at fault- or if multiple people screwed up, the initial "hazardous action" which led to the collision.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:38 PM
P51V6

oh man that sucks. she's pretty much brand new hopefully the insurance reimburses you in full.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:51 AM
celtics

Originally Posted by Derf00
Platidipping isn't a business I would go into. The problem is that it doesn't stand up to wear-and-tear that well. It rubs/flakes off after some time (less than a year) so it will look like crap. Then what? redip? Who pays? how much? etc....
That is wrong, if it is applied right it can last for years. Don't trust someone that doesn't know what they are talking about or did a bad job. No it wont take heavy duty stuff, but it does its job, it looks amazing and protects the paint. Basically is do it right, it turns out amazing or do it wrong and it will suck.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xXidol
It's an online gaming server where people can essentially pay for in game items.
That is ****ing fantastic bro.

Yeah, sounds like that will be all on the eclipse driver. You were using a left signal right?

Good luck on the repairs! It's a shame he hit you in the door so you can't really replace it with anything custom.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:21 PM
xXidol

Default Update

I just got a notification for my thread after completely forgetting about it! The car had been fully fixed but with a few remaining errors. I would post a picture of it in it's current state but it is at the shop getting those minor things fixed (dust under clear coat, speaker vibrates something inside of the door).

The total damages came to $11,000 not including our $1,000 rental car fee for a month and a half. Lucky for us we didn't have to pay any of it!

We are in the works of filing for diminishing value right now so hopefully that will go over smooth. Since the crash, I have already tuned my car with a Bama Performance tuner and I have a Steeda cold air intake and Roush Upper and Lower Grille sitting in my bedroom which will all be installed on the 24th.

Thought some of you might appreciate an update! Be careful out there!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:10 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the update and do post a picture. Yeah, have to be careful out there....too many idiots on the road! I have a CDL so I drive a lot and know what you mean!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:43 AM
66and06stangs
2nd Gear Member

My 06 isn't the GT, but I have a nice tune on it now. I have her shined up and she is quick as hell. I was driving home and a Mitsubishi POS was in the fast lane going slow, I passed it on the right, 4 lane highway so no biggie. No one else really around, he was just in the fast lane and I cruised around him. Well, he must've been txting or something because he got pissed I passed him. He came roaring around me and I just laughed at him until he decided to be a ***** and slow down, after pulling in front of me. I see idiots every day coming to work so I just backed off but it was apparent he wanted to mess with me, he kept slowing down. I said "f it" and I let my girl out of the corral.... i passed his sorry a$$ and no matter what this clown did, he could not catch me. I could not have been more proud of the tuning, etc on my car. He finally got caught up way behind me in other traffic, I could feel the dumbass back there steaming.
So, Xidol, that one was for you too. Hopefully your car gets back to the state she was in soon!

Quick Reply: Crash!