Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Eleanor Grill compatible w/ 2011 V-6 Front Bumper Assy?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:23 PM
MustangGTMark
1st Gear Member

Default Eleanor Grill compatible w/ 2011 V-6 Front Bumper Assy?

Hi guys,

Thought I'd ask if any V-6 Mustang owners have tried installing the 3D Carbon Eleanor Grill on their cars, and if so... how was the fit and finish? Can't quite tell if that grill is for GT only cars.

Thank you!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:17 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGTMark
Hi guys,

Thought I'd ask if any V-6 Mustang owners have tried installing the 3D Carbon Eleanor Grill on their cars, and if so... how was the fit and finish? Can't quite tell if that grill is for GT only cars.

Thank you!
Does not fit the stock V6, Shelby GT500 or GT/CS models. It will fit V6 models only when combined with the 3DCarbon Boy Racer Body Kit.

I'm a little skeptical about this statement...I can see the GT500 since the fornt fascia is slightly different, but there's no difference in the tabs on the front fascia on a GT or GT/CS that i know of. For that matter there's not much difference on the outside tabs between the GT and the V6 (OEM grilles), it's the # of tabs on the inside of the frame thats the difference.

Maybe they are saying it "doesn't fit" the GT/CS and V6 because they don't come with fog lights??

Odd, but you never can tell with some of these things
Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

The reason it does not fit the CS is you need the GT Grille surround and not the CS grille surround, which also lets you use any V6 grille.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:24 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
The reason it does not fit the CS is you need the GT Grille surround and not the CS grille surround, which also lets you use any V6 grille.
Well, see thats what i don't get...the 3D Carbon kit comes with the surround...and the GT/CS has is own surround, as does the GT...but the GT surround, the GT/CS surround and the 3D Carbon kit all use the same mounting points on the fascia between the headlights...i could be wrong, but i don't think theres any difference in the whole front fascia between a GT and GT/CS as all of the GT/CS parts (grille w/surround & lower valance) will snap right into a GT.
<looks confused>

Looked at the install instructions for the 3DCarbon kit and it says "Does not use all factory connectors" so maybe thats it...
Old 06-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I see your point on that, I used a GT bumper on my 2010 with the GT/CS surround to use my Pony package grill from my V6.
The only thing I can think of is they are going with what grille will fit in with no modifications and not the fact that you can remove the surround on the CS.
I did see the Elinore Grille in a 10-12 V6 Mustang and to make it fit it looked butchered.