Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Another vibration thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:51 PM
amaNIN
1st Gear Member

Question Another vibration thread

Uh, yeah, sorry about starting the quadrabillionth "s197 v6 vibration" thread but I feel I need to.....
Ok my ride is a 2008 v6 auto mustang, Bama 93 race tune. When car is warm, in Drive, stopped, there is an annoying vibration. Put it in Neutral it goes away. If the fan is on, it vibrates even more! And now I am hearing a chirp. kinda intermittent like a nasty bird, not too loud though. WTF? Blower moter works, it blows fine, all settings work. AC fine(I think). Uhh maybe its in the driveline? like a worn Ujoint? But that should have nothing to do with the blower.
If I drive away the chirp and vibration goes away.
Any thoughts?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:08 AM
mechanic58

Motor mounts. /thread.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by amaNIN
Uh, yeah, sorry about starting the quadrabillionth "s197 v6 vibration" thread but I feel I need to.....
Ok my ride is a 2008 v6 auto mustang, Bama 93 race tune. When car is warm, in Drive, stopped, there is an annoying vibration. Put it in Neutral it goes away. If the fan is on, it vibrates even more! And now I am hearing a chirp. kinda intermittent like a nasty bird, not too loud though. WTF? Blower moter works, it blows fine, all settings work. AC fine(I think). Uhh maybe its in the driveline? like a worn Ujoint? But that should have nothing to do with the blower.
If I drive away the chirp and vibration goes away.
Any thoughts?
Good question and I'd have to side with Mechanic on this one. My Bullitt (And I swear ever 05-09 that I've ever been in shakes, rattles, and rolls, more than it should) and as soon as we had SR's Motor Mounts listed on sale I had them installed and they really ate the vibration. Have you had this checked out locally at all to get a second opinion as well?

Alex
Old 08-26-2014, 04:19 PM
amaNIN
1st Gear Member

Thanx for the feedback alex and mechanic. I have not taken it in (yet). Don't want to. I was thinking maybe a loose motor mount but if all s197's do this then its just an engineering flaw. But I still don't get the chirping sound when the fan is on thing. I'll check out the motor mount threads
Old 08-27-2014, 07:38 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Thanx for the feedback alex and mechanic. I have not taken it in (yet). Don't want to. I was thinking maybe a loose motor mount but if all s197's do this then its just an engineering flaw. But I still don't get the chirping sound when the fan is on thing. I'll check out the motor mount threads
Very welcome! Keep us in the loop! My cars plagued with all sorts of rattles!

Alex
Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 AM
TBuckTex

Mine does the same. Happens when there is an electrical draw on the engine, fan, ac, even the stupid turn signal makes the idle roll right on queue with the blink. Has driven me nuts. After replacing everything, throttle, intake, plugs, wires, MAF, pcv, alternator, etc. etc. and having three mechanic places look at it. The story is that my engine runs lean at idle, not enough to throw codes, just lean enough to not take the initial load when something turns on. Motor mounts are good, no bounce or play at all. So if you figure out what the problem is, let me know!!! Good luck!
Old 09-01-2014, 02:15 PM
amaNIN
1st Gear Member

Okay so the other day I had the fan off and I got that squeaky chirp at a stop. So it may not even be fan related. But when I go it goes away and Ive read b4 that as long as it goes away when you drive your fine. *keeps fingers crossed*
Old 11-12-2015, 02:43 PM
jjjmm49
2nd Gear Member

Okay so the other day I had the fan off and I got that squeaky chirp at a stop. So it may not even be fan related. But when I go it goes away and Ive read b4 that as long as it goes away when you drive your fine. *keeps fingers crossed*
Check your harmonic balancer. 4.0 had problems with them coming apart. I was lucky when mine did it slid to the back. Guy I work with had his come off the front. It wiped out everything in the front along with his hood. Imagine a pound of steel spinning at 3000rpm.