Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2005 - 2007 Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Default 2005 - 2007 Airbag Recall

Who has been affected by the Takata airbag recall?

So far my 2007 V6 isn't showing a recall notice at

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners/VIN-lookup-msg

or

https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte.../Page/HomePage
Old 10-22-2014, 07:46 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

this is the same Takata who tried to blame their defective seat belt buckles on "lazy, sloppy Americans." I hope that company dies in a ****ing fire.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:23 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

wow, hatin someone?
Old 11-23-2014, 12:12 AM
SonicGTC_05

I received my recall about 12 days ago. I took it took it to my local Ford dealer (Palm Coast Ford) for the required inspection 2 days later (they had told me on the phone that an inspection was required before parts were ordered). I was then told that it was changed and that they would be replacing both the driver's & passenger's units without inspection (Ford had apparently modified the notice already).

I received a call from the dealer today and I have an appointment to take in this Tuesday. They tell me that it will take between 4-5 hours to change both, but be ready for them to keep the car for a day!

I'm just glad to get them changed out! And the service department has been very polite and professional the times that I've talked to them (that may change on the day of the install, LOL) so far!

So far, kudos to Ford for doing this!
Old 11-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Air Bag recall

I haven't received any notification as of yet.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:46 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Haven't gotten mine yet but I see it on the National list. I wonder if Ford will give me a rental if it stays overnight?

link to list;

http://blog.caranddriver.com/massive...cted-vehicles/

Last edited by 07 Stang; 11-23-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:40 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by SonicGTC_05
I received my recall about 12 days ago. I took it took it to my local Ford dealer (Palm Coast Ford) for the required inspection 2 days later (they had told me on the phone that an inspection was required before parts were ordered). I was then told that it was changed and that they would be replacing both the driver's & passenger's units without inspection (Ford had apparently modified the notice already).

I received a call from the dealer today and I have an appointment to take in this Tuesday. They tell me that it will take between 4-5 hours to change both, but be ready for them to keep the car for a day!

I'm just glad to get them changed out! And the service department has been very polite and professional the times that I've talked to them (that may change on the day of the install, LOL) so far!

So far, kudos to Ford for doing this!
That is good to know, SonicGTC_05! Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
I haven't received any notification as of yet.
Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Haven't gotten mine yet but I see it on the National list. I wonder if Ford will give me a rental if it stays overnight?
You guys are welcome to check if your vehicles are part of this here. If they are, be sure to make an appointment with your dealer as soon as possible. Also, this recall does not have rental provisions, but you’re always welcome to discuss this with your servicing dealer.

Deysha
Old 11-24-2014, 01:39 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang

link to list;

http://blog.caranddriver.com/massive...cted-vehicles/

Is SE Virginia high humidity ?
That's all Ford is recalling at this time. Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and maybe a couple others.

Colorado is dry. I guess I keep my Takata's for a while and pray.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:21 AM
SonicGTC_05

Originally Posted by rls82959
Is SE Virginia high humidity ?
That's all Ford is recalling at this time. Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and maybe a couple others.

Colorado is dry. I guess I keep my Takata's for a while and pray.
I think what's funny in my case is that I JUST moved to FL in June! Ford somehow got my new address (Misty is still running IL plates)! I did, however, take Misty in to a Ford dealer (Gary Youman Ford (Daytona Beach)) in August to have some work done, so maybe that's how they got my address! Here's what my notice looks like:

Old 11-27-2014, 06:05 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

mine was done in about 4 hours

Quick Reply: 2005 - 2007 Airbag Recall