Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Old 11-14-2014, 12:07 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTOGreg
WOW, great job... I can remember having that much energy back in the day, I'm afraid to think what I would have done had I gotten the same deal.

Fortunately, with age comes wisdom (and money) and I would have most likely ended up paying someone another $5K to clean it up for me.

I will check back, cant wait to see how it finally turns out!! Good luck!!
I agree, but while I'm young, I just can't bring myself to pay somebody else to do what I can do myself for free. That being said, I'm also quite enjoying working on this. I used to have a project civic that I really enjoyed, but it wasn't the same because it was also my daily driver.

This Mustang is my 2nd car, I have an ugly Saturn I drive to work every day so I can take my time on this, drink all the beer I want while I work on it, and don't have to worry about needing it for work tomorrow. I'm having a lot of fun turning wrenches on this thing. I can't wait to get past the cleaning part though and get more to the repairing and fixing part. To me that's always the most fulfilling part.

Also, after you've done all that work yourself, it feels really accomplished when you sit down in the car to drive it and know that you did it all (or as much as you could).

But yea if I was older, had the money, and didn't have the time I'd probably pay someone as well.

And thanks btw.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:24 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

What's the ratio of the Peroxide and Dawn mixture?
Old 11-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by austinkli
They COULD. But a customer hears that as an insult. Then they tell their friends about how the dealer insulted them. Suddenly their friends are telling others, "stay away from "X" dealership cause they treat people badly." It's just not worth it. Not when we have a whole team of detailers that are going to get paid by the hour wether they work or not.
A interesting post. I said my piece already.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:02 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
What's the ratio of the Peroxide and Dawn mixture?
60/40

Also, I really like your faux gas cap.

Last edited by JimC; 11-24-2014 at 07:42 AM. Reason: took our reference to other forum to end the cross forum bashing
Old 11-15-2014, 05:08 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I've been watching this thread. Kind of interesting, not sure I would've taken the plunge on that car even at that price. But I admire your moxie for sticking it out and saving the car. What's up with the S197 folks? Post up a link so we can check it out.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:14 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
I've been watching this thread. Kind of interesting, not sure I would've taken the plunge on that car even at that price. But I admire your moxie for sticking it out and saving the car. What's up with the S197 folks? Post up a link so we can check it out.
They are trashing me for being "a shady car sales man" because I only gave the girl $1,000 for her car. Which is funny when a lot of people have said that's too much. I literally copy pasted the thread from this site.

I'm not going to post a link because there is no sense in creating drama across different forums. I don't know why weatherman felt the need to bring it in here in the first place. Apparently hounding me over there and trying to derail the thread wasn't enough for him.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:02 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Well, fwiw, I think you paid plenty...
Old 11-15-2014, 08:19 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Posting a link to another forum to stir up crap is frowned upon.

Bringing crap here from another forum is also frowned upon.

If you do not want to contribute to this thread then do not post anything. Period.

Carry on.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Keep it real
2nd Gear Member

Probably would have had to use a hazmat suit and a gas mask before I got within 5 feet of that. $1000 is a decent price in my opinion. Just not sure if I would have wanted to clean up the dump she had left behind... ew
Old 11-15-2014, 09:37 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Ok, just so it's clear, I wasn't trying to stir up trouble. I was just curious more than anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My $1300, 2005 Mustang