Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 02:59 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

if you feel between the engine and battery down on the fire wall, you will find a rubber drain for the cowl area where the cabin air filter goes. there is one on the drivers side in the same relative location. check to see they are not plugged. in your case though, I think you've found the culprit. those foam gaskets on the cowl clips do not seal very good at all. there are 10 of them in all. you can get new ones that come with heat activated adhesive. I went the cheap route and got some autogoop and used that to seal the clips. I also used some dynomat around the harness/grommet above the SJB. if you remove the glove box and look up, youll see what I mean. Hell of a job BTW on bringing this pony back to life. good luck
Old 02-10-2015, 05:42 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Oh yea that drain hole, my apologies, I thought you meant something else. Yea if you remember back in THIS POST I actually already had that issue, and had to clean those out.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:27 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Wow, I hope you can locate the leak. You could do a search on the main forum and see all the different locations people found but most commonly it was the drain plug. You seem to be the type of guy who isn't afraid to get in there and take care of it. Wished my husband was that way with cars! He doesn't understand the fascination I have for cars.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:22 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Just read the whole thread. You should be proud of yourself. Youve done something awesome here. Thank you for saving this car too!
Old 02-15-2015, 11:03 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

It's most likely the grommets at this point...
Old 02-16-2015, 02:18 PM
eagle42101

We got a foot of snow here in Kentucky last night so I am stranded at home. Read all 21 pages of posts. I am truly impressed. I do not think I could tackle such a project but I truly respect those who have what it takes to master them. I am sure there will be small issues for some time to come but it looks like you have the major ones nailed down. My first question when I started reading was, I wonder what is inside the engine. Later on I found out. I hope the engine holds together and you have a long and fun filled ownership!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

I'm excited to see future developments.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:21 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Wow, I hope you can locate the leak. You could do a search on the main forum and see all the different locations people found but most commonly it was the drain plug. You seem to be the type of guy who isn't afraid to get in there and take care of it. Wished my husband was that way with cars! He doesn't understand the fascination I have for cars.
That's unfortunate. My wife never understood my love for cars or love for pulling parts from the junkyard or anything. Now that she has a Mustang she kind of does, but still not on the same level as me.

Originally Posted by wcgman
Just read the whole thread. You should be proud of yourself. Youve done something awesome here. Thank you for saving this car too!
Thank you much sir!

Originally Posted by pascal
It's most likely the grommets at this point...
That's what I'm thinking. I ordered some more. When they come in I'll replace them and find out if that was the issue or not.

Originally Posted by eagle42101
We got a foot of snow here in Kentucky last night so I am stranded at home. Read all 21 pages of posts. I am truly impressed. I do not think I could tackle such a project but I truly respect those who have what it takes to master them. I am sure there will be small issues for some time to come but it looks like you have the major ones nailed down. My first question when I started reading was, I wonder what is inside the engine. Later on I found out. I hope the engine holds together and you have a long and fun filled ownership!
Thanks! Feels good to hear that. I'm also hoping the engine holds together well.

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
I'm excited to see future developments.
Stay tuned then, they should be coming pretty soon. I intend to get my lock grommet replaced, the interior door panel fabric fixed, the cowl grommets replaced and my shifter fixed over the next 2 week.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Dense147

Default U wot m8?

Austin why dont you just take all the panels off from the leakihg area and spray the car down with a water hose and look for the leak? Instead of just guessing
Old 02-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Dense147

Originally Posted by 07 Stang

Ill be your huckleberry

Quick Reply: My $1300, 2005 Mustang