Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 05:51 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Quite obviously, a man on a mission.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

I think I would have pushed it off a cliff by now....collected the insurance money. Sometimes a good deal turns out to be a good deal of trouble.....but I applaud you for sticking this thru and not giving up.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:35 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Got some more stuff accomplished. Went down to Jacksonville and found some Mustangs in a junk yard. Got some good parts for cheap!

Unfortunately I checked all 3 mustangs, and they all 3 had a broken shift indicator just like mine.

I got an alternator cover, the door lock grommet, an AC vent, and that black cover that goes over the lock and wires for the trunk.

Also, my grommets came in.

Got my 3rd brake light fixed. And thank you zip ties.

Cleaned off the underside of the trunk. See all the wires and stuff hanging...

Gotta clean up this piece.

Got the boom mat spray in it.

Sprayed the boom mat sound deadener and also got the plastic cover fitted in.

before and after pic

Pulled this piece out so I could spray the bottom of the trunk too.

Got it cleaned up so I can start spraying it with the boom mat spray. Unfortunately I ran out.

Got my lock grommet fixed.

Time to fix the ac vent.

Unfortunately, the ac vent I pulled was from the left hand side, and it does not fit the right hand side.

Took the wife's blow dryer to heat up and soften all the clips, and it turns out if you slide the exterior silver sleeve off, the inside black cylinder is the same.

So after getting the sleeves swapped...

Got my ac vent fixed.

All in all a somewhat productive day. Fixed the ac vent, got the cover for the trunk release and wires cleaned up and put on, got most of the trunk sprayed down with the boom mat spray, got my lights fixed, and the door lock grommet.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

wow dude, I'm addicted to your thread, so awesome. It's like a reality TV show, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT'S NEXT!
Old 03-06-2015, 05:40 PM
tradosaurus
1st Gear Member

Let us know if you hear a difference after applying the boom mat spray. )
Old 03-07-2015, 05:46 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Good for you! LOL.. your images got me to thinking about an issue I had up north... and I'll search around for it and link it here.

Meanwhile.... Quite simply the best damn dog I ever had.... was a Boxer I rescued from the pound in Elizabeth, NJ. He spent two weeks in "shelters" where he did not eat at all... and they really botched his neutering surgery.

On the ride home, we bonded intensely. I put a LOT of work in to this big guy (getting the connection, yet?) and we became quite simply the best of friends.

I have to wonder if you'll have a similar "bond" with your rescue as described herein.

Meanwhile.... I would have ripped the Bullit wheels of that blue 'Stang in a heartbeat. It's always a little unsettling to see cars in the yard like that... it's like... gazing on the bodies of old friends...
Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Here ya go.... I had an argument with a mouse as to what the purpose of the airbox on my Mustang was for. Images on page 2 actually.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s...eds-of-em.html
Old 03-07-2015, 04:34 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Got my key fob in from late model resto

Programmed it today too!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Man , I got to hand it to you, you must have a lot of time on your hands, been following your thread from the begining, I hope your'e happy when youre done--- CHOP
Old 03-07-2015, 06:57 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
Man , I got to hand it to you, you must have a lot of time on your hands, been following your thread from the begining, I hope your'e happy when youre done--- CHOP
I wish man, I work 11 hours a day 6 days a week. I'm off Sundays, but by the time I get home from church and all my laundry done, I get a few hours to go to work on the car. I do occasionally get a thursday off about twice a month, which is when I really go to town on this thing.

I did get my wife to help me pull my tint off tonight. I'll post pics later.

And thanks, I'm already getting happy with it. It's finally reaching a point where I'm really noticing a difference.

Quick Reply: My $1300, 2005 Mustang