Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 06:57 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
I was hoping this would work for you but I wasn't holding my breath after I wasted money on the Dynomat product.
Well, hold on...
Civics and any other Jap schit boxes for that matter, are noisy cars anyway and if you do the floors only, you're not doing all that much.
Lots of trunk racket filters through the rear sit alone. Door panel, side panel areas needs to be sorted as well and on and on...
Old 03-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

That back black panel is day/night difference, I love it!

WHAT did you use on the leather bro? That is AMAZING!

What's your next ideas for the car?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:12 AM
GTOGreg

I caught this thread at the beginning, and decided to come back to check you progress, and I must say that, catching back up has been like a roller coaster ride!! I laughed, I cried, it was AWESOME!

Anyway, when you found the head gasket was tragic, but then the leak!! If it happened to me, all they would have found was a smoldering wreck at the bottom of a very deep canyon. Great job, Austin!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:29 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
That back black panel is day/night difference, I love it!

WHAT did you use on the leather bro? That is AMAZING!

What's your next ideas for the car?
I've always thought that the mustangs should have come like that from the factory. It just looks like it belongs. Now I can be slightly less embarrassed by my wife's car.

Attachment 40459

Next I have 3 more things to do to the interior. I want to take a heat gun to many of the plastics like I did on the center console to bring the color back out. That'll happen very soon.

Second, I need to get the fabric on my door panels done with red vinyl.

And finally I have to recondition the stereo. The buttons are all tore up.

After that my interior should be complete. Then I'll nice to the exterior.

Next week I'm getting the paint touched up. It won't be perfect or show ready, but it'll look better than it does. I'll still have body dents to get repaired, but until I do, it'll look much better.

I also need to replace the front lip, there are currently just some tatters hanging there where a lip used to be.

In the next few weeks when I have a day off I'm going to back to black all the exterior trim.

And finally, I want an exhaust of some kind. Don't need a big one, just something that sounds decent.

Then I'll be done, just going to do whatever strikes my fancy after that. Maybe some louvers, maybe some fog lights, we will see.

Originally Posted by GTOGreg
I caught this thread at the beginning, and decided to come back to check you progress, and I must say that, catching back up has been like a roller coaster ride!! I laughed, I cried, it was AWESOME!

Anyway, when you found the head gasket was tragic, but then the leak!! If it happened to me, all they would have found was a smoldering wreck at the bottom of a very deep canyon. Great job, Austin!

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:35 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Great job so far, keep up the great work!
Old 03-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Austin, where do you get the middle leather parts done at? I wonder how much that would cost. I thought about getting mine 2 toned. That would be sick.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:44 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
Austin, where do you get the middle leather parts done at? I wonder how much that would cost. I thought about getting mine 2 toned. That would be sick.
You should. And i personally am using the guy that does our interior work for the dealership. He goes around to all the different dealerships doing interior work, repairing cigarette burns in seats, etc. I have an unfair advantage at this because I purposely befriend all these people and help them out incase I need a favor one day.

I've cashed in a few of those favors on this car. The head gasket, the interior, and my mechanic at work has helped me with a few things as well.

Any upholstery shop should be able to do it for you thigh.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:56 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

I didn't get anything done on mine over the weekend. What I did however do, was teach my wife how to replace her own alternator. Considering that the first time I took her to a junk yard she wore good jeans and sandals and said, "it's like a big yard.... full of junk," I'm actually really proud of her. The other week she fixed her own brake lights, this time replaced her alternator. Next thing you know she'll be swapping her own motor.

Taking the old alternator out

Putting the new alternator in.

I mostly just stood there and gave her directions, handed her the tools she needed, and I did help get the serpentine belt back on.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:32 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Good job, to the both of ya!
Old 03-23-2015, 06:36 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Now that's team work!

Quick Reply: My $1300, 2005 Mustang