Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Old 03-23-2015, 09:11 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Good to see you still moving forward with this.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:32 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Nice! Fortunately, our alternators are not too difficult to get to. I recall... the alternator on an old Buick.. I think it was in the "J" car family.... THREE HOURS OF DIGGING to get it out.....

When the rebuilt POS that they parts place sold me took a dump three weeks later... imagine my level of happiness....
Old 03-24-2015, 11:25 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Great job on restoring the seats! Just keep a window shade in your windshield or a car cover to cut down on sun damage. The sun can dry out the leather part as well as fading.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:04 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

+1 about the shades. Living in SW FL as I do... I opt to do this though some locals question it's effectiveness. Maybe... it may not do anything for the inside temp of the car... but absolutely it mitigates the effects of UV on the interior. Between that and louvers on the back window, the sun is pretty much disallowed access to mine!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:37 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boneman
+1 about the shades. Living in SW FL as I do... I opt to do this though some locals question it's effectiveness. Maybe... it may not do anything for the inside temp of the car... but absolutely it mitigates the effects of UV on the interior. Between that and louvers on the back window, the sun is pretty much disallowed access to mine!
In fact if you are tinted, a sun shade can reduce the inside temp by about 20ish degrees. I used to have a thermometer in my civic.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:22 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good to me. There had been times when I would get in the car... and quite literally my shifter was hot enough to give me a 2nd degree burn. LOL... talk about "Speed Shifting".
Old 03-26-2015, 08:09 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boneman
Sounds good to me. There had been times when I would get in the car... and quite literally my shifter was hot enough to give me a 2nd degree burn. LOL... talk about "Speed Shifting".
I'm considering louvers on the rear before the summer heat comes, but they are kind of expensive.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:10 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by austinkli
I'm considering louvers on the rear before the summer heat comes, but they are kind of expensive.
How about window tint? Since having my windows tinted, my car is noticably cooler in the summer than my other vehicles.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:41 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz

How about window tint? Since having my windows tinted, my car is noticably cooler in the summer than my other vehicles.
If I don't do louvers I will tint it, but I kind of want louvers.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:27 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

So my wife never used my door sill plates. So I took them back, and cleaned them up. I ordered some decals for it, and with the help of windex and an exacto knife, did this:

I think it looks pretty cool even if it may be a little ricer. Will match the red leather well.

Cleaned out the door sill guard

And boom!

Then it was good bye to the old tiny 16" terribly ugly worst wheels Ford has ever made. And hello to the nicer newer 18" wheels. Great deal. The tires are Pirelli P Zero Nero all season. They go for about $500+ brand new. The wheels are AMR Silvers usually about $600. I picked them up from my buddy for $400. They may not be the best tires out there, but for my needs they feel so much smoother and nicer than previous.

Tires are almost brand new

Guys I'm not gonna lie here, I looked at the car today, and I'm finally kind of proud of how far it has come. From the inside, to the exterior. It still has more to go. I still need to repair a few things like the door panels, and the body, but it's really looking much better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My $1300, 2005 Mustang