Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 09:26 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Wheels look great. Gives the car a totally different look.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:41 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

NEEDS LOWERING SPRINGS!!!!

ETA: Are you sure that those are AMR Silvers???? They look like factory 2013 V6 upgrade wheels.
Name:  2012-04-07_16-39-24_430.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  349.8 KB

Last edited by GLOCKer; 04-04-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:19 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
NEEDS LOWERING SPRINGS!!!!

ETA: Are you sure that those are AMR Silvers???? They look like factory 2013 V6 upgrade wheels.
I was apparently mistold. To be fair, that's what my friend thought they were, the amr's. Apparently they are pony package wheels.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:24 AM
tradosaurus
1st Gear Member

Very good. I know you mentioned it before but what is your total monetary investment?

Have you thought about sending a picture of the final product to the dealer you bought it from or to the woman who traded the car?
Old 04-05-2015, 10:09 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boneman
+1 about the shades. Living in SW FL as I do... I opt to do this though some locals question it's effectiveness. Maybe... it may not do anything for the inside temp of the car... but absolutely it mitigates the effects of UV on the interior. Between that and louvers on the back window, the sun is pretty much disallowed access to mine!
I have sat in a car without the shades up, windows up then put the shades up with the windows still up.....what a HUGE difference it makes. Not only will it keep the interior of your car cooler, but the steering wheel, seats and gear shift stays cooler too. I have windshield shades for all 4 of my vehicles.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:21 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Very good. I know you mentioned it before but what is your total monetary investment?

Have you thought about sending a picture of the final product to the dealer you bought it from or to the woman who traded the car?
I'll add up total monetary investment next time I post updates, probably tomorrow. I am the dealer I bought the car from, and no I never considered sending her a pic, I don't she'd care.

Last edited by austinkli; 04-05-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Interesting wheels. I for one... kinda like my stock wheels..... albeit, they're a royal PITA to keep clean. I suppose it's all a matter of taste for sure... and the faux "knock off" center caps... LOL... kinda silly... but I like them too.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:11 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Didn't get as much as I wanted done yesterday. I wanted to take back to black to all my trim pieces, but unfortunately ran out of time.

I had originally wanted to purchase these caliper covers but I think we all know I'm way to cheap to spend $200 on a product that will do absolutely nothing for me and barely be seen.

However at work all our sport model fiats come with red calipers and it looks pretty cool so I decided to do the same to mine. Figured if it looks too dumb I can always just sand it down later and paint them black. Overall though, I like it.

Disclaimer: I'm the worlds worst painter. I mean I'm absolutely terrible.

So much red clay on it. Stupid Georgia clay. Had to sand it down a decent bit.

Used a can of compressed air to blow out most of the dirt after I was done scrubbing at it.

Decided to do it this way instead of spray painting it. Didn't want paint on the pads, or just all over. I'm terrible at painting so I just decided to do the more tedious way and hope it came out better.

After my first coat, it came out a little rough. Like I said, I'm just awful.

My wife on the other hand, figured she could do a better job than me. And she wasn't wrong. So I let her to the 2nd coat.

The back one came out a little rough, mostly due to my first coat, but she made it look much better with her 2nd coat so I had her do all the other ones for me. I prepped the caliper, and she painted.

And with the wheels back on, I don't think it looked too bad.

Rear caliper:

Front caliper:
Old 04-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

LOVE the rims bro

Nice job, I remember doing the calipers on my G6, I painted them like that also but I took them off the car first.

Recommendations for your future car:

-remove the Mustang decal along the sides, to me it makes it look cheesy.
-window louvers
-side scoops
-window tint
-roush front lip would be SICK looking

just my thoughts for you to look into!
Old 04-06-2015, 03:00 PM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
LOVE the rims bro

Nice job, I remember doing the calipers on my G6, I painted them like that also but I took them off the car first.

Recommendations for your future car:

-remove the Mustang decal along the sides, to me it makes it look cheesy. the rocker stripe? Probably not going to happen. I actually prefer the stripe.
-window louvers I intend to do so on both the sides and the rear windshield
-side scoops probably not based on cost. I like the ones the GT/CS came with, but they are just too expensive for a $1300 car imho. If I can find them for pretty cheap I will
-window tint [b] A must have. I absolutely will.[b/]
-roush front lip would be SICK looking I'm not aware of a Roush lip for the v6, could you post a pic or link

just my thoughts for you to look into!
Thanks. In addition to the things above, I'm also getting a new grill with GT style fog lights, a dual exhaust, and a rear lip of some kind.

Quick Reply: My $1300, 2005 Mustang