Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Old 04-25-2015, 06:01 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boneman
Not familiar with the mid-muffler system... but I have the Pypes X-pipe on mine.

Got in and out of my exhaust pretty cheaply... as with the X-pipe all you need from there back is GT take off stuff. There IS a difference between the mufflers on GT's... manual (that's what you want) vs. Auto trans.
Boneman is correct, there is a difference between the GT Manual Vs GT Auto mufflers. Take a look at the pictures below;

Manual;

Name:  manual-1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  1.7 KB

Auto;

Name:  auto-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  2.2 KB
Old 07-18-2015, 09:53 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Not familiar with the mid-muffler system... but I have the Pypes X-pipe on mine.

Got in and out of my exhaust pretty cheaply... as with the X-pipe all you need from there back is GT take off stuff. There IS a difference between the mufflers on GT's... manual (that's what you want) vs. Auto trans.

I have that... and the VMP CAI with tune and the difference in performance is ... startling. Other little nice things I have done is genuine FORD mud flaps on the back... and a GT Take-off rear stabilizer. Aftermarket grille with fog lamps and Ebay acquired rear window louvers that mitigate the "greenhouse" effect of that awesome fastback window.

Not sure how much... "new" GT Take-Off stuff is still floating around out there... but something to consider.

Meanwhile... yes... You've pulled that car back from the abyss for sure! There's a whole lot of satisfaction that comes with something well accomplished!
http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...ck-0510v6.html

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Boneman is correct, there is a difference between the GT Manual Vs GT Auto mufflers. Take a look at the pictures below;

Manual;

Auto;

That's interesting, never knew that. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:40 AM
tradosaurus
1st Gear Member

Just know that modifying and disabling your muffler is illegal but rarely prosecuted by the police or not passed by inspection places.
I called the police and turned in a neighbors car because the a-hole's truck was so loud it woke me up in the morning.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:42 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Just know that modifying and disabling your muffler is illegal but rarely prosecuted by the police or not passed by inspection places.
I called the police and turned in a neighbors car because the a-hole's truck was so loud it woke me up in the morning.
GA has no noise restrictions on exhaust.

EDITED SO NOT TO START TROUBLE...
Old 07-26-2015, 06:47 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Back in 2001... as I was "correcting an issue" with the exhaust on my motorcycle, stamped directly in the surface of the muffler was something to the effect of: "Tampering or altering this exhaust is in violation of federal law"....

Right.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:50 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Default My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Back in 2001... as I was "correcting an issue" with the exhaust on my motorcycle, stamped directly in the surface of the muffler was something to the effect of: "Tampering or altering this exhaust is in violation of federal law"....

Right.

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
There's actually very unfortunately a mustang driver in my neighborhood that I personally am about to do that to.

He has a new edge cobra. And ever since we moved in he drives way too fast and WAY too loud through the neighborhood. Some young military guy.

It used to just be sorta annoying. Then one day I had both of the mustangs out of the garage and was waxing my wife's when he drove by, now when he gets in front of my house he roars the **** out of it.

It is A) not safe because dogs and kids run into the street.
B) extremely rude and annoying when it Wakes me up
C) because my wife's car is loud I don't want the neighbors thinking, oh another of those obnoxious mustang guys
Old 07-28-2015, 05:47 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Yeah... it's gotta be rather raucous if it's pissing off the other motorheads in the area. Noise is one thing.... but safety is a whole other bag of snakes.

Perhaps a word with him if it seems he may be receptive?
Old 07-28-2015, 09:14 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

Default My $1300, 2005 Mustang

Yeah... it's gotta be rather raucous if it's pissing off the other motorheads in the area. Noise is one thing.... but safety is a whole other bag of snakes.

Perhaps a word with him if it seems he may be receptive?
Perhaps. We will see.

Finally got my old wheels sold from the mustang. I gave them away for $150, goodbye ugly *** wheels. I will never see you again.

They were just taking up space in the garage at this point.
Attached Thumbnails My 00, 2005 Mustang-20150727_184316.jpg  
Old 07-29-2015, 05:26 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by austinkli
Perhaps. We will see.

Finally got my old wheels sold from the mustang. I gave them away for $150, goodbye ugly *** wheels. I will never see you again.

They were just taking up space in the garage at this point.
Funny you should mention... about three weeks ago, I let my old wheels go for.. $100. Yes... somewhat of a giveaway.... but you're right. They do take up a LOT of space.. even when neatly stacked in the corner.

I'm well enamored of the "Stock" GT wheels I have on there now. :-)

Though, I will say... I did not think my original wheels to be ugly per se.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:38 AM
austinkli
1st Gear Member

So this should be going on pretty soon!

If you can see in that picture ^ just to the left of the front center, it's got some cracks that I'm working on filling in. Tis the Cervini's ram air hood.

So this giant crack has been pissing me off.

So I took a heat gun, and by heat gun I mean my sister's high powered hair dryer, and went to work on it.

And it's not great, but I was able to push the shape back out from the inside of the bunker. It looks a little better now, would like to try and bondo it up in the future.

Some fun news, I did finally get my new garage all cleaned out and got a tool box to work on the car now. Much nicer!

Working on cars is 100x easier when you're organized.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My $1300, 2005 Mustang