Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2014 performance pack

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Default 2014 performance pack

Hey guys

As y'all have probably seen in my posts, I'm pretty brand new to the S197's. After 5 years, I got to know my newedge pretty well. I'm trying to figure out and get to know my new car (calling her smurfette for now). From the factory, according to the window sticker it came with the v6 performance pack. I know that this meant it came with 3.31 gears as well as better wheels and tires.

Thats where my first question lies. The tires are Goodyear Eagle F1's, ridding on what should be 2013 boss 302 19" wheels. (Picture below). Were these wheels standard option? Or did the previous owner put these on?

Also, what did Ford do to the suspension that is different from normal v6's? The shock tower brace is there... But was this supposed to be on the engine as well? http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...gine-Cover-Kit The way LRS words the description, it sounds like it should have been.

I'm just a little confused because the window sticker only mentions the gears and the tires. Thanks for all the info, I look forward to start actually helping people, not just bother those for questions in the coming months
Attached Thumbnails 2014 performance pack-wheel.jpg  
Old 12-29-2014, 01:16 AM
berzerk_1980

From the second printing of the '14 order guide:

-Strut tower brace
-Upsized front sway bar and SVT rear sway bar
-Unique front springs
-Unique front and rear brake calipers
- 19" x 8.5" Foundry black painted machined aluminum wheels
- 255/40R19 summer-only tires
- Unique stability control calibration
- Gloss black side mirrors
- 3.31 limited-slip rear-axle

Not available on Convertible or with White stripes.

As for the engine cover, sorry, I don't know anything about that.

Last edited by berzerk_1980; 12-29-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:41 AM
JimC

I believe that the engine cover is only on the manual cars, and if you have an automatic you didn't get one.

Also, I don't think that those are the correct wheels for that package, but not entirely sure. It's possible that if the previous owner changed the wheels he might have sold the engine cover too.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks bezerk! Thats another thing that was off was that I dont have gloss black side mirrors, they are color matched grabber blue. Now the last owner could have put on the color matched, but I know that was a factory option too.

And thanks Jim. Glad to know about the engine cover. Weird they wouldnt put it on all the cars, but the manual does make sense. Looks like i'll have to go find one cause it would look nice. As for the wheels, I am leaning towards your conclusion. They are factory 19's with factory rubber i think, but I've only ever seen them on the boss's.

Thanks for the info and if anyone else wants to chime in!
Old 12-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

These are the wheels you are supposed to have

The Engine cover does not go on the automatic since someone would have to trim it for the other hose at the factory.
You do have different Struts/Shocks and springs, the front are off of a 2007 Shelby, you also have bigger sway bars front and rear and SVT rear lower control arms.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Siber! I love what you have done to yours, the spoiler and window vents look amazing especially with the black accents.

I guess the previous owner did get the wheels off a boss, because they are not aftermarket. The only other curious thing that should be there thats not is the gloss black mirror covers. But then again, I think you can buy those painted from AM. I like them grabber blue anyway I would love to have a chat with the previous owner about the things he did to it (you could tell decals were taken off), but buying from a dealer does not afford that luxury. Thanks for all the info!